fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam on my second attempt

Passed PMP Exam on my second attempt 6 years 10 months ago #10875

• Carolina McCurdy
  • Carolina McCurdy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am happy to share my experience with you:
- I started PM Prepcast online training in September, 2016. I was watching up to two classes a day.
- I read PMBOK guide and 'Achieve PMP Success' book along with the PM Prepcast training.And I took notes while reading the guide and book.
- I took 3 mock tests and answered additional questions from different sources prior to my first Exam, 3 months ago. The result from my first Exam was MP in Initiating, Planning and Closing; and BP in Executing, Monitoring & Controlling.
- During the 3 months of preparation for my second Exam, I focused on answering as many questions as I could; I first studied very well the processes I scored BP; I read the entire PMBOK guide again by process group instead of knowledge area and took notes again. In addition to that, I watched again some videos from PM Prepcast, and read Rita's book twice. I was studying for an average of 2 hours a day during the week and 4 hours a day on Saturdays and Sundays.
- I reviewed my notes the day before the Exam.
- On the day of the Exam I was nervous, but very confident. Due to my schedule, I decided to take the Exam in the afternoon and did not study in the morning.
- I used the full 4 hours to complete the Exam and did not take a break. I was very pleased to see the Congratulations on the screen! I passed with Moderately Proficient in all domains!

Passed PMP Exam on my second attempt 6 years 10 months ago #10887

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Welcome to the team!
Community Moderator

Passed PMP Exam on my second attempt 6 years 10 months ago #10894

• Robert Boley
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
When you went into the exam did you use a dump sheet for formulas or to write down the process groups and knowledge areas? I am getting ready to take my second exam and for some reason still dont feel confident enough.

Passed PMP Exam on my second attempt 6 years 10 months ago #10911

• Carolina McCurdy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello
You can only write down information after the clock starts. Therefore I only wrote down the key formulas and the knowledge areas in sequence. I did not write down all of the 47 processes because by then I had a pretty good understanding of which processes belonged to each knowledge area and process group and I did not want to use too much of the time of the test. What I did was useful for me.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login