fbpx

Reply: I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 3 months ago #9457

Steven McClaugherty

Henry,

Thank you for the response that you have provided to me. I am appreciative of what you have shared. You mentioned that there are key words to look out for in the exam. I have found that I am still having to read the entire question in order to feel like I have context, but as you have indicated, I may not need to do that by only reading the last few sentences or possibly last paragraph to understand what is being asked.

I added a posting here about the very thing you mentioned on key words. Would you be able to share with me/others some of the key words and/or tips that were provided to you or you had learned so I can improve on my question reading? Here is the posting: https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/kunena/pmp-exam-discussion/5312-what-key-words-to-look-out-for-in-exam-questions

Thank you!!
7 years 3 months ago #9432

Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)

Hello Henry,
That is a nice response to Steven question.

Cheers.
7 years 4 months ago #9337

Henry ILO

Hi Steven, thanks so much. Due to time constraint i was only able to do 4 sets off pm-prepcast, and 4 from Brainbok, 1 from Simplilearn (free) so as to analyze alternatives and perspectives. Immediately i started scoring 76% and 81% i just believed i could make it and went for it. I think the core is practicing and REVISING THE ANSWERS right and wrong. You sincerely have to score above 75% and 80% in the mocks before going. Adviceably, I would suggest practice all pm-prepcast's questions before going to any other one e.g. 2 of others. Make notes off the situational questions from the mock. These was what i could only revise a day before the exam. It appears PMI is trying now to test aspiring PMPs on situations rather than memorization. Try read and google all the documents on page 78, and go through eg pm-prepcast or any coaching video you have at least twice before attempting the mocks. Most questions in PMP now are almost all situational. Learnt from a coach to lookout for keywords because truly in the exams you may not have enough time to read questions and think at the same time. Pick one of the mock exams of your choice and practice doing it by looking out for keywords and also reading only the last sentences. Whatever happens Steven make sure you at least attempt all the questions whether you know them or not. My raw advice. You will make it.
7 years 4 months ago #9316

Steven McClaugherty

Hi Henry, congratulations on the accomplishment, way to go! If I may ask, how many simulated exams did you do and what were you scoring % wise before moving on to the actual exam? Thanks!
7 years 4 months ago #9313

Henry ILO

Thanks Pat, it was really God lol. follow through the advice above, its real. Pray for God's guidance also throughout your preparations to give you speed and understanding of the concepts and process flows. We joined already on facebook already. Buzz anytime if you need guide. I'm available.
7 years 4 months ago #9307

Patience Adagba

Congrats Henry, your excitement and thanksgiving to your God is infectious. I wish you success in your professional journey!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login