fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9255

• Henry ILO
  • Henry ILO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi everyone, although narrowly escaped due to EEFs, i passed the PMP exam!!!! on 23rd Dec . Immediately i saw those words i've long dreamt of flash on the screen, "CONGRA..." , I didn't wait to read the rest but ran crazy instantly and fell off my chair, knelt and thanked my God who clearly made this supernaturally possible, to speed answer about 25 questions under 5 mins. The prometric folks had rush in to hold me to be sure i wasn't going through the window :P . Gosh!!!!! That's over , now the real journey begins. I'm going back to read everything allover again to really appreciate all this now without duress. Some days ago i was here reading success posts by others now imagine, i'm here sharing mine. I'm so overjoyed.

Thanks so much to all of you amazing people, God almighty bless you Cornelius Fichtner !!! [ the GrandMaster-Delphi ], Hazem ( super motivator & study group leader ), Mark Wuenscher [ you were answering my concerns by the seconds as though you were my personal coach, you rock sir ] , Senthil Nathan, Nedim Hasanbegovic [ awesome process flow ], Kelly Coughlin [ amazing advice ], Rahul Kakkar, Stan Po, Lazard Toe, Jeanie, everyone i may have unintentionally ommitted et'al. I'm so grateful to you all.

Due to workload against time i had determined i will take the exam no matter what before 2016 ends, actively accepting the risk, I couldn't finish all the mock herein ( although i will still go through them now), I couldn't really read also the PMBOk, nor did i read anything on Rita or Headfirst. Almost all situational. about 15% non-situational. Understanding the terms' concepts is primary key to passing. I did about 6questions without reading the questions but just reading the options i.e. a training i got from my 1st coach :evil: . The secret is "keywords". Please anyone taking this exam, all you need first is to
- You need to commit your journey to exam success into God's hands for guidance on what to read, where to go, etc. believe me this works. You will start meeting or be linked
to folks you never knew and you'll get good materials/advice. Believe that you can make it and that you have no choice but to make it. Halfway into the test i felt i would
fail cos i was still at question 80 of 200 and wasn't 100% sure of my prior answers. Heard a voice in me whirl up saying " Henry you cannot fail, you will not fail...trust me"
and i sat back up and continued the exam.
- Analyze and know yourself [ just like every company does when identifying a business need before drafting a business case right? B) ) i.e. I learn faster with videos.
Bought a full training program off PMCHAMP. After the course, Vinai recommended i buy all pm-prepcast's practice questions & formula guide.
- Identify your stakeholders e.g. family and friends (workplace also) who will have to miss you for some time if you truly want pass the exam. I turned off my TV throughout
this study months and refused renewing my cable subscription. Spent the whole morning today so far calling all of them lol. You don't want to get the credential and loose
the social level of your life according to Maslow's theory.
- Next ,please have a plan/strategy [ just like in real PMP training ). If you have no strategy, you will fail, just like in life also. Don't do bench-marking or analogous estimating
with anyone's life. You are unique, learn from others but ultimately find your own strategy.
- Next, screen your study sources early and avoid information overload (just like when defining scope in PMP) . If you are like me, sacrifice that money and buy yourself a
video training &/or a coach e.g. Pm-prepcast. I used pmchamp for learning and pm-prepcast for mock exams as i learnt about pm-precast's mock exams & formula guide etc
through pmchamp's reference. Collect your requirements early by defining the scope of what and only what you are going to read and practice with early in your
preparation time.
- Practice mock exams as much as you can. Chose at least and at most 2 good sources. max. Review the answers in your own words. I think PMI is trying to screen folks who
memorize from folks who truly understand terms, documents used, processes, etc of a real PM.
- Interact the PMP terms at work and anywhere opportuned try linking it to your everyday life. e.g. your kids come barraging you with Christmas requests, you can say
"Please guys collect your scope and define them please!!! lol. Also, ask questions alot and check for terms which are almost similar. Furthermore, Make and master the page 61 of the
PMBOK, make and master formula sheet from Pm-prepcast's formula guide.
- See inside your mind the need for project management itself and how by adherence and practice it can help resolve many global issue, then decide to fall in love with
Project management. This will increase your zest to study and understand it more whenever you feeling tired. Pursuits are achieved better with purpose/goals.

My error which dropped my grades, and my advice to you,
- Study to know what each document on page 78 is or does , very very important. Get free samples from eg cdc.gov/cdcup/library/templates/ .
- Study the process flows and do not memorize ITTOs. There are videos on youtube by praizion you can get. [ still going back to relax and study them now ]
- Practice on speed-analysis & speed-response, this almost cost me the PMP credential if not for the clear supernatural intervention of God almighty. At least 2 answers will
attempt stopping you on your tracks, chose one your instinct tells you ,mark the question and move on. Never spend more than 1.5mins on any question no matter what.
- Get to your exam area at least 2days before D-day. An airline here in Nigeria almost cost me the exam with their totally unethical and presently probed customer services
despite booking 1day in between. Many customers going litigation after arbitration measures failed. I couldn't wait, cos i had an exam to go pass lol. Have contingency.
- At least glance through the PMBok guide and Rita / Head first, if you are to hit higher. Ensure you are reading the current version.
- PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE ......STUDY, STUDY, STUDY.....SMARTLY, SMARTLY SMARTLY..... there is really no other way.
- Ensure you get enough sleep he night before the exam.
If I, who is not like the geniuses on this site can make it, dear reader please believe me you can too, just decide to love project management and hate the chaos our world goes through without it, sacrifice the time and practice. You will make it too. Cheers and all the best !!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Last edit: by Rochelle Martinez.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9257

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Henry ILO,

I’m very happy for you. Congratulations! Thank you for your warm words regarding our help. You asked interesting questions and I enjoyed answering them. Many thanks for posting your very detailed and valuable lessons learned. Don’t forget to celebrate your brand new PMP® credentials, and already start thinking about earning PDUs… Wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Regards,
Stan
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henry ILO

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9261

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
O surely Stan, infact I woke up this morning and it’s still not a dream but reality. Lord I never want to wake up from this if it’s a dream. Still I see I really did pass it in real life :) .
Yes, concerning PDUs, please whats the next best thing to do?. Although I was thinking CBAP. I’d really appreciate your advice.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9262

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Congratulations Henry! We can definitely feel your excitement! :)

Wonderful news on Christmas day! Onwards to PDUs...
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9263

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks so much Rahul. I will use the PDUs to patch-up any knowledge gaps i had while preparing for the exam. Although now in a relaxed mode to really understand deeper the concepts. How many PDUs in 3years again please is it?

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9264

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Henry,

As per the CCR handbook, the total number of PDUs required are 60. Of these, 35 are Education Minimum PDUs and 25 are Giving Back Maximum PDUs. For details on these check out the latest CCR handbook from the PMI website; once your celebrations are done of course!

Happy Holidays!
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9265

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ok thanks Rahul, really appreciate.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9266

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Congratulations Henry.
I hope to share my exam experience with success in early February, 2017.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9267

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Henry,

Congratulations! Glad you passed.

Regarding how to earn PDUs, please visit www.project-management-podcast.com/index...pdu/pmis-pdu-secrets where I explain everything you need to know.

Once you understand this, then please go to www.project-management-prepcast.com/pdus/earn-agile-pdus where we offer The Agile PrepCast, which qualifies for PDUs. I also recommend www.pm-podcast.com/pdu where you can earn PDUs from listening to free podcasts. There is also a video here
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9270

• Bonnie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I love your enthusiasm Henry! Congrats!

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9273

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Henry,
Congrats on passing the exam! Thanks for the shout out and for taking the time to post your experience. So happy that we could help guide you on this journey. All the best to you in your endeavors as a new PMP. Happy new year!

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9275

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Mark, you're awesome. Happy new year too

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9276

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Tajudeen, and yes you will God's grace. Please distance from TV or anything such for sometime, if you can buy the pm-prepcast training package with the mock practice exams. God through the videos at least twice before you start to answer the mock. I could email you some attachment charts also. But please do not joke with page 61 and page 78 o the PMBOK guide. Use the website i gave you above to see sample documents of each. If you have to memorize ITTOs, note the inputs and outputs more for now. never forget to ask questions here on the forum so you can get a sort of brainstormed revert than a single viewpoint. There will be times in the exam when you can be fast when you can spot keywords fast and answer fast. Gains you time on the real day. e.g. if you see anything "over allocated"... you should be alert for Resource levelling... If you see "and the company has enough money for the change..." you should think crashing....if you see anything "audit" you sense Quality assurance / Executing process group etc. But please first go through the prepcast videos at least twice 1st. Each night before you sleep, sketchout page 61, revise page 78. and the formula guide from Cornelius. or anyone you drafted. Take this wbsite as your PMO which you should always fallback to. Don't fly solo please. Cheers bro, you will make it too.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9277

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Corneius, i sure will follow through.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9278

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks alot Bonnie, I really appreciate

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9279

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks so much Mark, for sure I can never forget you. Thanks.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9307

• Patience Adagba
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congrats Henry, your excitement and thanksgiving to your God is infectious. I wish you success in your professional journey!

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9313

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Pat, it was really God lol. follow through the advice above, its real. Pray for God's guidance also throughout your preparations to give you speed and understanding of the concepts and process flows. We joined already on facebook already. Buzz anytime if you need guide. I'm available.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9316

• Steven McClaugherty
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Henry, congratulations on the accomplishment, way to go! If I may ask, how many simulated exams did you do and what were you scoring % wise before moving on to the actual exam? Thanks!

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9337

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Steven, thanks so much. Due to time constraint i was only able to do 4 sets off pm-prepcast, and 4 from Brainbok, 1 from Simplilearn (free) so as to analyze alternatives and perspectives. Immediately i started scoring 76% and 81% i just believed i could make it and went for it. I think the core is practicing and REVISING THE ANSWERS right and wrong. You sincerely have to score above 75% and 80% in the mocks before going. Adviceably, I would suggest practice all pm-prepcast's questions before going to any other one e.g. 2 of others. Make notes off the situational questions from the mock. These was what i could only revise a day before the exam. It appears PMI is trying now to test aspiring PMPs on situations rather than memorization. Try read and google all the documents on page 78, and go through eg pm-prepcast or any coaching video you have at least twice before attempting the mocks. Most questions in PMP now are almost all situational. Learnt from a coach to lookout for keywords because truly in the exams you may not have enough time to read questions and think at the same time. Pick one of the mock exams of your choice and practice doing it by looking out for keywords and also reading only the last sentences. Whatever happens Steven make sure you at least attempt all the questions whether you know them or not. My raw advice. You will make it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP, Steven McClaugherty

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9432

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Hello Henry,
That is a nice response to Steven question.

Cheers.

I PASSED!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!_23-12-2016 7 years 3 months ago #9457

• Steven McClaugherty
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
  • Thank you received: 4
Henry,

Thank you for the response that you have provided to me. I am appreciative of what you have shared. You mentioned that there are key words to look out for in the exam. I have found that I am still having to read the entire question in order to feel like I have context, but as you have indicated, I may not need to do that by only reading the last few sentences or possibly last paragraph to understand what is being asked.

I added a posting here about the very thing you mentioned on key words. Would you be able to share with me/others some of the key words and/or tips that were provided to you or you had learned so I can improve on my question reading? Here is the posting: https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/kunena/pmp-exam-discussion/5312-what-key-words-to-look-out-for-in-exam-questions

Thank you!!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login