fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed My PMP Exam on first attempt - Sept 27th 2016

Passed My PMP Exam on first attempt - Sept 27th 2016 7 years 5 months ago #8480

• Ynes Coiscou
  • Ynes Coiscou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I started taking a class room training back in 2014 which entitled me with the 35 contact hours required. I started studying from PMBOK 5th edition and Rita’s book but due to job responsibilities I had to stop at that time. Again in May 2016 I decided to really focus and start a new plan to approach my objective of pass the Exam on first attempt.

• I read Rita’s book once without PMBOK reference at all. Made all exam questions after each chapter.
• Read Rita’s for the second time along with PMBOK, again repeated chapter questions for the second time.
• In between, I started doing free exam questions from different sources: Oliver Lehman, Head First,
• Cornelius Fichtner free simulator, I signed also for all free resources including newsleteer.
• Also visited Shiv Shenoy community www.pmexamsmartnotes.com/ and subscribed to free resources.
• I got the PM-Prepcast Exam simulator from Cornelius Fichtner with has 8 complete 200 questions exams and started doing mock test one week before the exam. I highly recommend doing PM-Precast Exam simulator, it is an incredible way to learn and get confident about the real exam. I did 7 complete mock test scoring 81, 82, 79.5, 81, 84, 77.5 and 81. I went to all wrong answer and revised them in detail. I checked all wrong answers vs. PMBOK reference given on the answers. I had the PMBOK open on another browser so that technique helped me a lot.
• In order to better understand the flow between processes I utilized the search on the PMBOK pdf guide, ej. I searched Request Change and that way I could see where in a process this output was generated and then where was an input to other processes.
Day of the Exam:
From my point of view most of the questions were situational questions, very tricky with 2 or more correct answers but of course one the best choice. Not much formula, the few one were easy. My 4 hours ended just in time for the question no. 200 so I didn’t have time to review any marked questions. Finally the good news, I PASSED.

I am very happy!! For all of those who are in the journey keep the good spirit, keep studying, and practice, practice, practice.
Thanks again to this community and Cornelius, I learnt from every post, and all valuable information I received by email
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login