fbpx

Reply: Passed My PMP Exam on first attempt - Sept 27th 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed My PMP Exam on first attempt - Sept 27th 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8480

Ynes Coiscou

I started taking a class room training back in 2014 which entitled me with the 35 contact hours required. I started studying from PMBOK 5th edition and Rita’s book but due to job responsibilities I had to stop at that time. Again in May 2016 I decided to really focus and start a new plan to approach my objective of pass the Exam on first attempt.

• I read Rita’s book once without PMBOK reference at all. Made all exam questions after each chapter.
• Read Rita’s for the second time along with PMBOK, again repeated chapter questions for the second time.
• In between, I started doing free exam questions from different sources: Oliver Lehman, Head First,
• Cornelius Fichtner free simulator, I signed also for all free resources including newsleteer.
• Also visited Shiv Shenoy community www.pmexamsmartnotes.com/ and subscribed to free resources.
• I got the PM-Prepcast Exam simulator from Cornelius Fichtner with has 8 complete 200 questions exams and started doing mock test one week before the exam. I highly recommend doing PM-Precast Exam simulator, it is an incredible way to learn and get confident about the real exam. I did 7 complete mock test scoring 81, 82, 79.5, 81, 84, 77.5 and 81. I went to all wrong answer and revised them in detail. I checked all wrong answers vs. PMBOK reference given on the answers. I had the PMBOK open on another browser so that technique helped me a lot.
• In order to better understand the flow between processes I utilized the search on the PMBOK pdf guide, ej. I searched Request Change and that way I could see where in a process this output was generated and then where was an input to other processes.
Day of the Exam:
From my point of view most of the questions were situational questions, very tricky with 2 or more correct answers but of course one the best choice. Not much formula, the few one were easy. My 4 hours ended just in time for the question no. 200 so I didn’t have time to review any marked questions. Finally the good news, I PASSED.

I am very happy!! For all of those who are in the journey keep the good spirit, keep studying, and practice, practice, practice.
Thanks again to this community and Cornelius, I learnt from every post, and all valuable information I received by email

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login