fbpx

Reply: Passed on 29 April - First Attempt - One Month!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 29 April - First Attempt - One Month!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #8331

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Parag,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam and with only 1 month preparation. Impressive! Thank you for posting your experience and lessons learned. Good luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 7 months ago #8326

Parag Mundada

's Avatar

Dear Aspirants

The subject sums it all. I was looking out for a job in Project Management and after having read thousands of JOBDs came across one common point - PMP certification. Though I had quite a good Project Management experience, but then not having a certification was not working in my favor.

I was in a hurry. I read through several posts/blogs of the apt time for PMP. Got diverse views but again one thing in common - "PrepCast". Basis my needs - I set myself an aggressive target of completing the PMP in 1 month. Yes!!! I completely banked on the PM PrepCast for the same. Here is my approach

1. Studied for more than 8 hours a day
2. Downloaded the videos on the mobile & heard them at home, driving or waiting for somebody :cheer:
3. At the end of the day, took a timed quiz to check my knowledge
4. Practiced the ITTOs daily by writing them on the piece of paper - there is no one method that fits all. You have to device your own method
5. Every week take a full length test and evaluate it completely

From the Simulator - I took 4 exams and the score was more than 80% in each (84.5%, 81.5%, 84.5%,86%). I also took the freely available tests online and the scores where more than 80% except once. That gave me a lot of confidence to go for the final exam where I got the below Grades

Grade Your Results
Initiation Proficient
Planning Moderately Proficient
Executing Proficient
M&C Proficient
Closing Moderately Proficient

A few things I must say
1. Listen to our Cornelius Fichtner very carefully. Every word of his means something towards the test you will be taking. Listen, Listen & Listen
2. Prepare for ITTOs. What is very important is to know which o/p becomes the i/p to another process and what are the Tools & Techniques for the same
3. If you consistently get more than 80% score, there are an 80% chance you will clear the test :-)

All in All - I would say my decision to go for the PrePCast and Exam Simulator was bang on!!!!

All the best & Thanks to Cornelius Fichtner for all the help!!!!!

Regards
Parag Mundada -- Proud PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login