Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
QuestionPassed on 29 April - First Attempt - One Month!!
Passed on 29 April - First Attempt - One Month!!
1 year 2 months ago #8326
The subject sums it all. I was looking out for a job in Project Management and after having read thousands of JOBDs came across one common point - PMP certification. Though I had quite a good Project Management experience, but then not having a certification was not working in my favor.
I was in a hurry. I read through several posts/blogs of the apt time for PMP. Got diverse views but again one thing in common - "PrepCast". Basis my needs - I set myself an aggressive target of completing the PMP in 1 month. Yes!!! I completely banked on the PM PrepCast for the same. Here is my approach
1. Studied for more than 8 hours a day
2. Downloaded the videos on the mobile & heard them at home, driving or waiting for somebody
3. At the end of the day, took a timed quiz to check my knowledge
4. Practiced the ITTOs daily by writing them on the piece of paper - there is no one method that fits all. You have to device your own method
5. Every week take a full length test and evaluate it completely
From the Simulator - I took 4 exams and the score was more than 80% in each (84.5%, 81.5%, 84.5%,86%). I also took the freely available tests online and the scores where more than 80% except once. That gave me a lot of confidence to go for the final exam where I got the below Grades
A few things I must say
1. Listen to our Cornelius Fichtner very carefully. Every word of his means something towards the test you will be taking. Listen, Listen & Listen
2. Prepare for ITTOs. What is very important is to know which o/p becomes the i/p to another process and what are the Tools & Techniques for the same
3. If you consistently get more than 80% score, there are an 80% chance you will clear the test
All in All - I would say my decision to go for the PrePCast and Exam Simulator was bang on!!!!
All the best & Thanks to Cornelius Fichtner for all the help!!!!!
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.