fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on 29 April - First Attempt - One Month!!

Passed on 29 April - First Attempt - One Month!! 7 years 6 months ago #8326

• Parag Mundada
  • Parag Mundada's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear Aspirants

The subject sums it all. I was looking out for a job in Project Management and after having read thousands of JOBDs came across one common point - PMP certification. Though I had quite a good Project Management experience, but then not having a certification was not working in my favor.

I was in a hurry. I read through several posts/blogs of the apt time for PMP. Got diverse views but again one thing in common - "PrepCast". Basis my needs - I set myself an aggressive target of completing the PMP in 1 month. Yes!!! I completely banked on the PM PrepCast for the same. Here is my approach

1. Studied for more than 8 hours a day
2. Downloaded the videos on the mobile & heard them at home, driving or waiting for somebody :cheer:
3. At the end of the day, took a timed quiz to check my knowledge
4. Practiced the ITTOs daily by writing them on the piece of paper - there is no one method that fits all. You have to device your own method
5. Every week take a full length test and evaluate it completely

From the Simulator - I took 4 exams and the score was more than 80% in each (84.5%, 81.5%, 84.5%,86%). I also took the freely available tests online and the scores where more than 80% except once. That gave me a lot of confidence to go for the final exam where I got the below Grades

Grade Your Results
Initiation Proficient
Planning Moderately Proficient
Executing Proficient
M&C Proficient
Closing Moderately Proficient

A few things I must say
1. Listen to our Cornelius Fichtner very carefully. Every word of his means something towards the test you will be taking. Listen, Listen & Listen
2. Prepare for ITTOs. What is very important is to know which o/p becomes the i/p to another process and what are the Tools & Techniques for the same
3. If you consistently get more than 80% score, there are an 80% chance you will clear the test :-)

All in All - I would say my decision to go for the PrePCast and Exam Simulator was bang on!!!!

All the best & Thanks to Cornelius Fichtner for all the help!!!!!

Regards
Parag Mundada -- Proud PMP

Passed on 29 April - First Attempt - One Month!! 7 years 6 months ago #8331

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Parag,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam and with only 1 month preparation. Impressive! Thank you for posting your experience and lessons learned. Good luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login