fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #7968

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

James,
Congrats on passing the PMP exam and thanks for posting the lessons learned and providing feedback to improve the simulator. I found the "strike out" feature in the real exam extremely helpful and also provided that feedback to Cornelius' team. I believe that will be an added feature in a later release of the exam simulator. Best of luck.
Cheers,
Mark
7 years 7 months ago #7948

Sarmistha Biswas

I get so nervous thinking about the exam :(... but reading all the good news on this forum gives me confidence !! Many congrats !!
7 years 7 months ago #7947

Sarmistha Biswas

Congratulations James !! I get so nervous thinking about the exam :(... but reading all the good news on this forum gives me confidence !!
7 years 7 months ago #7943

Kimberly Bortz

Congratulations on passing your exam, James! I also learned a few things from your lesson's learned that I'm going to pass on to my protege who is currently studying for the exam :)
7 years 8 months ago #7901

James Schweigert

's Avatar

Passed the PMP Exam today. and the following are my lessons learned.

I found most of the videos on Youtube useless but this one for my process matrix dump:
https://youtu.be/ALFPW9qPXag

I found Achieve PMP Exam Success: A Concise Study Guide for the Busy Project Manager, Updated January 2016 5th RevUp Edition an ok book. I did find Rita's book to be very helpful. I never read the PMBOK from cover to cover, just read the sections I had gaps in my knowledge. After it is all said and done, I probably ended up reading the whole book.

I watched the CBTNuggets training material and found it to be a good overview but the PrepCast was more in depth. The CBTNuggets Project Management in the Real World series (I think that was the name) was a good way to see how the Processes are used in the real world.

Using Rita and the PrepCast together gave me a great understanding of the material. I did find the interviews to be helpful to able to apply the PMBOK to real world experience.

On the exam simulation, I was close to 80% but not always above 80%. The questions on the real test were a majority of situational where the simulation I felt were not. I felt it was a lot of these things happen, what do you do next.

During the exam it used the built in Windows calculator and accepted 10-key input. One nice feature that I have not heard about that I had on my test is I could right click on an answer to strike it out. This allowed me to easily cross off answers that I knew were wrong and they stayed striked out when I reviewed my answers.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login