fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam

Passed PMP Exam 7 years 8 months ago #7901

• James Schweigert
  • James Schweigert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Passed the PMP Exam today. and the following are my lessons learned.

I found most of the videos on Youtube useless but this one for my process matrix dump:
https://youtu.be/ALFPW9qPXag

I found Achieve PMP Exam Success: A Concise Study Guide for the Busy Project Manager, Updated January 2016 5th RevUp Edition an ok book. I did find Rita's book to be very helpful. I never read the PMBOK from cover to cover, just read the sections I had gaps in my knowledge. After it is all said and done, I probably ended up reading the whole book.

I watched the CBTNuggets training material and found it to be a good overview but the PrepCast was more in depth. The CBTNuggets Project Management in the Real World series (I think that was the name) was a good way to see how the Processes are used in the real world.

Using Rita and the PrepCast together gave me a great understanding of the material. I did find the interviews to be helpful to able to apply the PMBOK to real world experience.

On the exam simulation, I was close to 80% but not always above 80%. The questions on the real test were a majority of situational where the simulation I felt were not. I felt it was a lot of these things happen, what do you do next.

During the exam it used the built in Windows calculator and accepted 10-key input. One nice feature that I have not heard about that I had on my test is I could right click on an answer to strike it out. This allowed me to easily cross off answers that I knew were wrong and they stayed striked out when I reviewed my answers.

Passed PMP Exam 7 years 7 months ago #7943

• Kimberly Bortz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations on passing your exam, James! I also learned a few things from your lesson's learned that I'm going to pass on to my protege who is currently studying for the exam :)
MBA, PMP, ACP, CSM
IT Project Manager
Community Moderator

Passed PMP Exam 7 years 7 months ago #7947

• Sarmistha Biswas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Congratulations James !! I get so nervous thinking about the exam :(... but reading all the good news on this forum gives me confidence !!

Passed PMP Exam 7 years 7 months ago #7948

• Sarmistha Biswas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I get so nervous thinking about the exam :(... but reading all the good news on this forum gives me confidence !! Many congrats !!

Passed PMP Exam 7 years 7 months ago #7968

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
James,
Congrats on passing the PMP exam and thanks for posting the lessons learned and providing feedback to improve the simulator. I found the "strike out" feature in the real exam extremely helpful and also provided that feedback to Cornelius' team. I believe that will be an added feature in a later release of the exam simulator. Best of luck.
Cheers,
Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login