fbpx

Reply: FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 9 months ago #7501

Ann Rose Cherian

Thanks Hakim,

Really helped a lot your LL that you posted. Now I got a real picture where to start on the journey.
7 years 9 months ago #7498

Hakim BENZIDANE

Hi Ann Rose,

First of all, it s not the end of the world. I guess that now you know where to focus. I ve shared my LL on a post right after yours but here is a section of if :

- Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM PMP Prepcast, Formulas study guide & Simulator
- PMBOK 5th edition (ebook AND paper copy)
- PMP Pocket Prep app.
- Rita’s Exam prepbook

I studied regularly (1h per day + 4h per weekend). I started reading the PMBOK and watching the relevant videos from the prepcast. Once I finished a knowledge group, I was doing some quiz via the Simulator and PMP Pocket Prep app. Once I finished the PMBOK and the Prepcast, I started reading Rita’s, and still doing quiz/exams on a regular basis.
I only reviewed the material once and took more than 2000 questions with an average of 76% of good answers (I reviewed the explanations of ALL the answers
The day before the exam, I took the Oliver Lehmann free quiz (75 questions) and got 68% ! Was a bit puzzled but found that this quiz was excellent because it was really difficult and helped me review some concepts I was unaware of.

I didn't mentioned that I used also an app called PMP ITTO Pro (it cost less than 5 euros) and I could review them when needed from anywhere.

Based on your LL, scoring between less than 70% on exam should have been a real warning. As far as Im concerned should score at least 75% to feel really confident. I was a bit scared when I saw the Oliver Lehmann free quiz results the day before.

The material you used is the one I used too (except for the Head First). I recommend you to deal with knowledge group one by one and at the end of a knowledge group use the simulator quiz (not necessarily the exam) to get questions on this specific knowledge group. It has to be iterative as it happened to me that once I was studying risks, I was a bit confused with the quality topic.

I hope my input will help. Good luck and feel free to reach me if needed,

Cheers

HB
7 years 9 months ago #7489

Ann Rose Cherian

Hii,

Took first attempt on April 18th 2016 & failed due to insufficient knowledge in four groups. Really got down after seeing the results in the screen. My preparation was with PM prepcast tutorials & Head first PMP handbook + PM prepcast simulator. I took in total 06 exams through simulator & got results for all in average between 60-70%. But in actual PMP exam got really tough questions.

Again going to study for next 03 months with study materials PMBOK, Rita version 8 updated & simulator, Rita hot flash cards book.

Please anyone can share how to have a proper study plan & above mentioned materials are fine for mine next PMP preparation.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login