fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED.

FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED. 7 years 10 months ago #7489

• Ann Rose Cherian
  • Ann Rose Cherian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hii,

Took first attempt on April 18th 2016 & failed due to insufficient knowledge in four groups. Really got down after seeing the results in the screen. My preparation was with PM prepcast tutorials & Head first PMP handbook + PM prepcast simulator. I took in total 06 exams through simulator & got results for all in average between 60-70%. But in actual PMP exam got really tough questions.

Again going to study for next 03 months with study materials PMBOK, Rita version 8 updated & simulator, Rita hot flash cards book.

Please anyone can share how to have a proper study plan & above mentioned materials are fine for mine next PMP preparation.

FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED. 7 years 10 months ago #7498

• Hakim BENZIDANE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Ann Rose,

First of all, it s not the end of the world. I guess that now you know where to focus. I ve shared my LL on a post right after yours but here is a section of if :

- Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM PMP Prepcast, Formulas study guide & Simulator
- PMBOK 5th edition (ebook AND paper copy)
- PMP Pocket Prep app.
- Rita’s Exam prepbook

I studied regularly (1h per day + 4h per weekend). I started reading the PMBOK and watching the relevant videos from the prepcast. Once I finished a knowledge group, I was doing some quiz via the Simulator and PMP Pocket Prep app. Once I finished the PMBOK and the Prepcast, I started reading Rita’s, and still doing quiz/exams on a regular basis.
I only reviewed the material once and took more than 2000 questions with an average of 76% of good answers (I reviewed the explanations of ALL the answers
The day before the exam, I took the Oliver Lehmann free quiz (75 questions) and got 68% ! Was a bit puzzled but found that this quiz was excellent because it was really difficult and helped me review some concepts I was unaware of.

I didn't mentioned that I used also an app called PMP ITTO Pro (it cost less than 5 euros) and I could review them when needed from anywhere.

Based on your LL, scoring between less than 70% on exam should have been a real warning. As far as Im concerned should score at least 75% to feel really confident. I was a bit scared when I saw the Oliver Lehmann free quiz results the day before.

The material you used is the one I used too (except for the Head First). I recommend you to deal with knowledge group one by one and at the end of a knowledge group use the simulator quiz (not necessarily the exam) to get questions on this specific knowledge group. It has to be iterative as it happened to me that once I was studying risks, I was a bit confused with the quality topic.

I hope my input will help. Good luck and feel free to reach me if needed,

Cheers

HB

FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED. 7 years 10 months ago #7501

• Ann Rose Cherian
  • Ann Rose Cherian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Hakim,

Really helped a lot your LL that you posted. Now I got a real picture where to start on the journey.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login