fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 11 months ago #7416

• Harmandeep Khurana
  • Harmandeep Khurana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I just passed my PMP on first try on May 13, 2016. I joined PMI March 1, and applied for the exam and got approved in a few days. I only had a fortnight at the end of April 2016 to prepare and appear for the exam. Here was my preparation strategy for the exam:

A) I mainly followed Andy Crowe's book (How to pass PMP on your first try) one chapter a day, and at night, while in bed, I used to listen to PMPrepCast podcast related to that chapter. On the following day, I would start by revising the chapter I did one day ago and then would learn the following chapter and so on and so forth...

B) On the second last day of my exam (May 11, 2016), I took a free simulated exam from pmstudy.com and scored 70%

C) On the last day, I went through PMPrepCast Study Essentials Guide and PMPrepCast Formula Guide along with a quick glance through PMBOK to clarify certain ITTOs and concepts and also revise the whole syllabi as quickly as I could. Also, I took 100 more free questions at insitevelociteach.com (the key for this website came in Andy's book) and scored 90%

And that was it... just 16 days and I passed with 'proficient' levels in Initiation and Planning, and 'moderately proficient' in the rest...

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 11 months ago #7422

• javier
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI

WHAT IS THE KEY THAT YOU MENTIONED THAT WAS IN THE ANDYS BOOK FOR APPLYING TO THE TESTS OF THE WEBSITE insite.velociteach.com ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 11 months ago #7423

• uyi e.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Congrstulations! But only 16 days of study? That's quite a short period...

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 11 months ago #7428

• Harmandeep Khurana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The 'key' is just a few random alphabets printed on a card that comes inside Andy's book.

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 11 months ago #7429

• Harmandeep Khurana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! I know.. but seriously, the exam wasn't as hard as I thought it will be... plus since I wasn't working at all and had 16 days completely free.... I was able to manage them well and clear the exam.. the exam is all about preparation and strategy... while I prepared from the sources I listed in my post... I followed the strategy provided in Andy's book...

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 10 months ago #7561

• uyi e.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You passed after only 16 days? Wow that was great. Can you please tell us your scores?

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 10 months ago #7563

• Harmandeep Khurana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yup, only prepared full time for 16 days (8 hours study each day using Andy's book and PMPrepCast Summary Notes for last day preparation)... thanks! My scores were proficient in Initiating and Planning, and moderately proficient in the remaining three (E, MC, and C)

Passed PMP, First Try, After 16 Days Preparation 7 years 9 months ago #7708

• Gayan Dissanayake - MBM, PMP®
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My Advice is - read the PM book and learn the CONCEPT. DO NOT just read the book.
Many ppl are failing the exam due to unaware about the concepts, they are just reading the book :(....

Exam will test the practical stuff, not the theory. So apply the concept to the practical scenario.

Good Luck
Gayan Dissanayake - MBM, PMP®
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login