fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on first trial

Passed on first trial 7 years 11 months ago #7401

• Estelle Bardon
  • Estelle Bardon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am French, mother of a toddler and realized that the PMP certification was considered as an 'Asset' for a lot of companies I want to apply for.
I started to study the PMBOK, the PMP prepcast and the 'PMP exam : how to pass on your first try, fifth edition' by Andy Crowe.
I read each chapter using the 3 materials, I took my notes. I studied between 10 to 15 hours a week for 3 months. With my toddler, I listened to the podcast in my car, on the trademill and while preparing dinner. I took screenshots of slides I wanted to integrate in my notes as my brain does not memorize it all the first time I read or see information.
The last 2 weeks before the exam, I reviewed my notes, used the prepcast exam simulator, created my flash cards. It helped me a lot. The exam simulator questions are very close to the exam itself (content, structure, difficulty). Reviewing all the questions that I failed helped me enhance my understanding of the PMBOK.
I passed the exam even if my toddler did not let me sleep the night prior to the exam!

Passed on first trial 7 years 11 months ago #7413

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations! Sounds like you are very dedicated.

Tracey
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manoj Parik
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login