fbpx

Reply: Passed on first trial

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first trial

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 10 months ago #7413

Tracey South

Congratulations! Sounds like you are very dedicated.

Tracey
7 years 10 months ago #7401

Estelle Bardon

's Avatar

I am French, mother of a toddler and realized that the PMP certification was considered as an 'Asset' for a lot of companies I want to apply for.
I started to study the PMBOK, the PMP prepcast and the 'PMP exam : how to pass on your first try, fifth edition' by Andy Crowe.
I read each chapter using the 3 materials, I took my notes. I studied between 10 to 15 hours a week for 3 months. With my toddler, I listened to the podcast in my car, on the trademill and while preparing dinner. I took screenshots of slides I wanted to integrate in my notes as my brain does not memorize it all the first time I read or see information.
The last 2 weeks before the exam, I reviewed my notes, used the prepcast exam simulator, created my flash cards. It helped me a lot. The exam simulator questions are very close to the exam itself (content, structure, difficulty). Reviewing all the questions that I failed helped me enhance my understanding of the PMBOK.
I passed the exam even if my toddler did not let me sleep the night prior to the exam!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login