fbpx

Reply: PMP exam passed on 15/03/2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam passed on 15/03/2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 1 week ago #7146

Scott Gillard

Welcome to the team! Over preparing is better than under preparing I suppose.
8 years 1 week ago #7136

Ignacio

's Avatar

Hi PMP student community,
First I would like to thank you very much for all the contributions you made in this type of forums.
I passed my exam yesterday and have a nice summary of lessons learned to do:
1) How I prepared:
1.1) Studied 6 weeks, 6 days per week, 6 hours per day = 200 hs approx. (not working)
1.2) Started reading the Appendix A1, understanding the structure and memorizing the 47 process Outputs and inputs
(took more than 1 week, but then all the structure was in my mind).
1.3) Started PMBok from the beggining, with more focus on understanding all the tools & techniques.
1.4) Started doing free quesitons. First downloaded the Oliver Lehmann free sources of question and made a nice excel to follow up status. Then added 4 different tabs: 1) Tools from PMBok (process and 1 line summary definition) 2) Other tools/models/theories, 3) Formulas 4) Definitions learned from practice questions.

2) Before the exam (for Benchmark):
Oliver lehmann, 175 questions: 71% correct
Projectmanagement dot com, 500 questions: 80% correct
Google sites /pmpbank, 460 questions, 74% correct.
Cert Champ 200 questions 71 % correct.
3 After the exam conclusions:
3.1 Difficulty:
I think I was over prepared (consider I studied 200 hours), they were not wierd questions/models/theories, etc
All the questions and options were very clear and coherent. Mainly from 2 sources: PMBok theory and real PM practice situations,
Most of the questions were situational, but no more than 4 lines per questions.
No needed to use any formulas more than the earned value simple ones.
3.2 Time:
I had enough time to do all the questions in first round taking my time to understand every single detail, I marked approx 30, but I had time just to review 22.
3.3 Score
Initiation: Moderate, Planning: Proficient, Execution: Moderate, M and C: Proficient, Closing: Proficient.
Study calmly and persistenly and don’t think in the moment of the exam (Loss time and increase stress), just be in the present studing and making your best effort.
I hope you pass you exam without problem!!
Ignacio Gonzalez Graf

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login