fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP exam passed on 15/03/2016

PMP exam passed on 15/03/2016 8 years 1 month ago #7136

• Ignacio
  • Ignacio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi PMP student community,
First I would like to thank you very much for all the contributions you made in this type of forums.
I passed my exam yesterday and have a nice summary of lessons learned to do:
1) How I prepared:
1.1) Studied 6 weeks, 6 days per week, 6 hours per day = 200 hs approx. (not working)
1.2) Started reading the Appendix A1, understanding the structure and memorizing the 47 process Outputs and inputs
(took more than 1 week, but then all the structure was in my mind).
1.3) Started PMBok from the beggining, with more focus on understanding all the tools & techniques.
1.4) Started doing free quesitons. First downloaded the Oliver Lehmann free sources of question and made a nice excel to follow up status. Then added 4 different tabs: 1) Tools from PMBok (process and 1 line summary definition) 2) Other tools/models/theories, 3) Formulas 4) Definitions learned from practice questions.

2) Before the exam (for Benchmark):
Oliver lehmann, 175 questions: 71% correct
Projectmanagement dot com, 500 questions: 80% correct
Google sites /pmpbank, 460 questions, 74% correct.
Cert Champ 200 questions 71 % correct.
3 After the exam conclusions:
3.1 Difficulty:
I think I was over prepared (consider I studied 200 hours), they were not wierd questions/models/theories, etc
All the questions and options were very clear and coherent. Mainly from 2 sources: PMBok theory and real PM practice situations,
Most of the questions were situational, but no more than 4 lines per questions.
No needed to use any formulas more than the earned value simple ones.
3.2 Time:
I had enough time to do all the questions in first round taking my time to understand every single detail, I marked approx 30, but I had time just to review 22.
3.3 Score
Initiation: Moderate, Planning: Proficient, Execution: Moderate, M and C: Proficient, Closing: Proficient.
Study calmly and persistenly and don’t think in the moment of the exam (Loss time and increase stress), just be in the present studing and making your best effort.
I hope you pass you exam without problem!!
Ignacio Gonzalez Graf
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

PMP exam passed on 15/03/2016 8 years 4 weeks ago #7146

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Welcome to the team! Over preparing is better than under preparing I suppose.
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login