fbpx

Reply: My Lessons Learned to successfully pass PMP on the

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My Lessons Learned to successfully pass PMP on the

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 5 days ago #5320

Ivan Shmilyk

I passed my PMP just few days ago, and would like to share with you my story

1. I started with PM PrepCast even BEFORE I started to explicitly re-read PMBOK. That actually might helped a lot, as I constantly heard from some of my colleagues that they were confused a lot by the PMBOK itself
2. Along with PM PrepCast I was reading Head First PMP, and was doing all the exercises
3. I created and MSProject plan with tasks & milestones to track.
4. After finishing PM PrepCast & HeadFirst I started with Rita Mulcahy - PMP Exam Prep, 8th Edition.
5. Along with Rita I bought Cornelius' Exam Simulator ( www.pm-exam-simulator.com ) which I fond really helpful. I managed to complete 8 out of 9 real exams, had all the gaps identified and was constantly working on improving them

Prior to exam
- I was terrified 1-2 days prior to exam, as it seemed that I messed all I'd learned. You just need to know that this may happen and be ready to overrule your mind, calm down, not rush into books again.
- I encourage you not to study the last day prior exam. Free your mind, take a day off, take a walk or read a fiction book - anything unrelated to PMP :)
- Try to sleep well ;)

During the exam:
- do your brain dump of formulas and anything you might find helpful - during tutorial. I also included all 47 processes structured by knowledge areas and process groups. That helped quite a few times.
- it took me 237 minutes to finish (did not even have time to check my marked questions), with only 1 short brake.
- I tried to always answer the question, even if I did not have the answer right away. Do not leave the question just marked, but unanswered, or you may not have enough time to get back to them later

I passed the exam on my first try. Overall - my preparation took about 6 months.
Be brave, schedule your exam, and may the Force be with you! :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login