fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: My Lessons Learned to successfully pass PMP on the

My Lessons Learned to successfully pass PMP on the 9 years 1 month ago #5320

• Ivan Shmilyk
  • Ivan Shmilyk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed my PMP just few days ago, and would like to share with you my story

1. I started with PM PrepCast even BEFORE I started to explicitly re-read PMBOK. That actually might helped a lot, as I constantly heard from some of my colleagues that they were confused a lot by the PMBOK itself
2. Along with PM PrepCast I was reading Head First PMP, and was doing all the exercises
3. I created and MSProject plan with tasks & milestones to track.
4. After finishing PM PrepCast & HeadFirst I started with Rita Mulcahy - PMP Exam Prep, 8th Edition.
5. Along with Rita I bought Cornelius' Exam Simulator ( www.pm-exam-simulator.com ) which I fond really helpful. I managed to complete 8 out of 9 real exams, had all the gaps identified and was constantly working on improving them

Prior to exam
- I was terrified 1-2 days prior to exam, as it seemed that I messed all I'd learned. You just need to know that this may happen and be ready to overrule your mind, calm down, not rush into books again.
- I encourage you not to study the last day prior exam. Free your mind, take a day off, take a walk or read a fiction book - anything unrelated to PMP :)
- Try to sleep well ;)

During the exam:
- do your brain dump of formulas and anything you might find helpful - during tutorial. I also included all 47 processes structured by knowledge areas and process groups. That helped quite a few times.
- it took me 237 minutes to finish (did not even have time to check my marked questions), with only 1 short brake.
- I tried to always answer the question, even if I did not have the answer right away. Do not leave the question just marked, but unanswered, or you may not have enough time to get back to them later

I passed the exam on my first try. Overall - my preparation took about 6 months.
Be brave, schedule your exam, and may the Force be with you! :)
Last edit: by Mary Kathrine Padua.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login