fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam - 2 Feb 2015 - unusual study plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam - 2 Feb 2015 - unusual study plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 5 months ago #6364

hassane

's Avatar

plz i want if there question repeated from the fast track simlator
9 years 1 month ago #5149

Hany Zahran

's Avatar

Congratulations
9 years 1 month ago #5142

Eddelin Mayo

Hi all,
- I'm happy to report that I passed my PMP exam last Monday 2 Feb 2015. :laugh:
- For various reasons, I had an unusual study timeline. I did 50 hours of focused study last November using the PM PrepCast, Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book and reading the PMBOK guide. I could only pick up the full time study again using these materials 8 days before my exam.
- So I could study on and off for a few minutes whenever I was travelling on the train or on a plane, I used the PMP Exam Flashcards and the PMP Exam Formula Study Guide. Those materials really helped.
- But it was the PMP Exam Simulator that made a lot of difference the 8 days before my exam. I did 10 questions on each topic multiple times a day to build up to 100 questions in one sitting then up to 400 questions in one sitting. Then I did 2 exams (with 400 questions) on the Simulator the day before my exam. I didn't realise how tiring it would be to go through 400 questions in one sitting. And I'm used to drinking water throughout the day and having snacks - so even the simple thing of going without water for 2 hours straight was good practice. The Simulator and the brain dump of the processes and formulas, really helped me during the exam.
- I had my exam in the morning when I'm more alert. I wore comfortable casual clothes, very different from the other exam takers wearing suits ! It helped not having to go to work after the exam. I wore cargo pants and I had to empty the pockets to show the Test Center Administrator they were empty. I had lots of pockets to be checked after I took a break halfway through the test - so that wasted time. I needed the pockets to keep tissues because I had a cold. It ended up I couldn't bring tissues during the exam anyway - the Test administrator provided me with some during the exam. So no cargo pants !
- Good luck to anyone who's about to take the test. Study hard and really put in the effort to understand the concepts (not just memorizing them) and you'll be fine - even if you have an unusual study timeline like me ! Cheers. :woohoo:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login