fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam - 2 Feb 2015 - unusual study plan

Passed PMP exam - 2 Feb 2015 - unusual study plan 9 years 2 months ago #5142

• Eddelin Mayo
  • Eddelin Mayo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,
- I'm happy to report that I passed my PMP exam last Monday 2 Feb 2015. :laugh:
- For various reasons, I had an unusual study timeline. I did 50 hours of focused study last November using the PM PrepCast, Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book and reading the PMBOK guide. I could only pick up the full time study again using these materials 8 days before my exam.
- So I could study on and off for a few minutes whenever I was travelling on the train or on a plane, I used the PMP Exam Flashcards and the PMP Exam Formula Study Guide. Those materials really helped.
- But it was the PMP Exam Simulator that made a lot of difference the 8 days before my exam. I did 10 questions on each topic multiple times a day to build up to 100 questions in one sitting then up to 400 questions in one sitting. Then I did 2 exams (with 400 questions) on the Simulator the day before my exam. I didn't realise how tiring it would be to go through 400 questions in one sitting. And I'm used to drinking water throughout the day and having snacks - so even the simple thing of going without water for 2 hours straight was good practice. The Simulator and the brain dump of the processes and formulas, really helped me during the exam.
- I had my exam in the morning when I'm more alert. I wore comfortable casual clothes, very different from the other exam takers wearing suits ! It helped not having to go to work after the exam. I wore cargo pants and I had to empty the pockets to show the Test Center Administrator they were empty. I had lots of pockets to be checked after I took a break halfway through the test - so that wasted time. I needed the pockets to keep tissues because I had a cold. It ended up I couldn't bring tissues during the exam anyway - the Test administrator provided me with some during the exam. So no cargo pants !
- Good luck to anyone who's about to take the test. Study hard and really put in the effort to understand the concepts (not just memorizing them) and you'll be fine - even if you have an unusual study timeline like me ! Cheers. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saad Bakhtyar

Passed PMP exam - 2 Feb 2015 - unusual study plan 9 years 2 months ago #5149

• Hany Zahran
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations

Passed PMP exam - 2 Feb 2015 - unusual study plan 8 years 6 months ago #6364

• hassane
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
plz i want if there question repeated from the fast track simlator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login