fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: You can pass even with kids and a busy schedule!

You can pass even with kids and a busy schedule! 9 years 3 months ago #4972

• Kristi Miller
  • Kristi Miller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am a Mom of 3 young children, have a husband, full time job, and a very busy schedule. Studying for the PMP was not easy, but it is possible - even with a very busy lifestyle. I studied for 7 weeks and was only able to dedicate time after the kids went to bed during the week (1 hour per night) and about 4 hours each day on the weekend. It was a hectic 7 weeks, but it can be done! I passed on the first try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melissa Ratisher, Saad Bakhtyar

You can pass even with kids and a busy schedule! 9 years 3 months ago #4982

• David Macaskill
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ugh. I'm a single parent with a full time job. its taken me 6 months just to get through the prep-cast courses (176?!?). You are super-human.

You can pass even with kids and a busy schedule! 9 years 3 months ago #4999

• James Whelan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations!. You give me hope. I'm doing the same. I may have to take a day off work to do a mock test. I've tried to take a mock test at home but couldn't get past 30 minutes without pulling fighting kids off each other. Did you do a full 200 question test before the exam? if so how and what type of score did you get? what areas to focus on?

You can pass even with kids and a busy schedule! 9 years 2 months ago #5150

• Kristi Miller
  • Kristi Miller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
James, I set out to do a 200 question test the weekend before I took the test, but I only got 150 questions in before I had to stop and get back to Mom life. I didn't do well....got a 56. I was very discouraged after that test, but it was good to see where was struggling. I used the last 5 days after that test to focus on my trouble areas. The test I had taken was the Andy Crow online simulator and it was very true to the actual test. Very wordy questions with at least 2 correct answers. They expect you to choose the BEST answer out of the 2+ correct ones. I ended up memorizing the knowledge area chart and really didn't reference it too much. Definitely have the formulas memorized, but otherwise, it's a lot of situational questions where you have to think through what is the best thing to do. Good luck.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login