fbpx

Reply: You can pass even with kids and a busy schedule!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : You can pass even with kids and a busy schedule!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 1 month ago #5150

Kristi Miller

James, I set out to do a 200 question test the weekend before I took the test, but I only got 150 questions in before I had to stop and get back to Mom life. I didn't do well....got a 56. I was very discouraged after that test, but it was good to see where was struggling. I used the last 5 days after that test to focus on my trouble areas. The test I had taken was the Andy Crow online simulator and it was very true to the actual test. Very wordy questions with at least 2 correct answers. They expect you to choose the BEST answer out of the 2+ correct ones. I ended up memorizing the knowledge area chart and really didn't reference it too much. Definitely have the formulas memorized, but otherwise, it's a lot of situational questions where you have to think through what is the best thing to do. Good luck.
9 years 2 months ago #4999

James Whelan

Congratulations!. You give me hope. I'm doing the same. I may have to take a day off work to do a mock test. I've tried to take a mock test at home but couldn't get past 30 minutes without pulling fighting kids off each other. Did you do a full 200 question test before the exam? if so how and what type of score did you get? what areas to focus on?
9 years 3 months ago #4982

David Macaskill

Ugh. I'm a single parent with a full time job. its taken me 6 months just to get through the prep-cast courses (176?!?). You are super-human.
9 years 3 months ago #4972

Kristi Miller

I am a Mom of 3 young children, have a husband, full time job, and a very busy schedule. Studying for the PMP was not easy, but it is possible - even with a very busy lifestyle. I studied for 7 weeks and was only able to dedicate time after the kids went to bed during the week (1 hour per night) and about 4 hours each day on the weekend. It was a hectic 7 weeks, but it can be done! I passed on the first try.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login