fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt

Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt 9 years 4 months ago #4937

• Brenna Hansen
  • Brenna Hansen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In preparation for the PMP exam, I knew I was going to have to do it in two phases as I had summer commitments that would prohibit the time I had to prepare.

Phase one consisted of taking a free online sample exam just so that I had an idea of where I stood and how much improvement I had ahead. After this, I signed up for the PMPrepCast and the PMExamModulator. I read through the PMBOK cover to cover and took notes. I then listened to PM PrepCast in numerical order; I loaded the app on my phone so that I could listen during my commute. I created ITTO flashcards using quizlet and printed versions so that I could use them anywhere. I developed my crib sheet and tried to copy it down three days a week, gradually adding to it.

I then took six weeks off from studying and listening due to a prior commitment - I would NOT recommend this as it took me a few weeks to catch up and get back to where I was when I left off. Big lesson learned!

At the end of the summer I listened to the Podcasts in my car on Bluetooth and started doing the PM PrepCast quizzes and tracking progress. I always referred back to the questions I got wrong to find out what I needed to learn. I then read a chapter in PMBOK - not in numerical order but in order by phase and would listen to that particular PM PrepCast module. I would then test myself on ITTOs for that process.

Toward the last few weeks before my exam I would do flashcards and take sample quizzes and exams and track progress. I wrote down my notes every day, two times a day at the end.

Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt 9 years 4 months ago #4938

• Nguyen Van Binh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulation Brenna Hansen,
Could you share the book you read, how many mock-test you took, and score you achieved in PMP. I do hope it's inspire for PMP aspirant /.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login