fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 3 months ago #4938

Nguyen Van Binh

Congratulation Brenna Hansen,
Could you share the book you read, how many mock-test you took, and score you achieved in PMP. I do hope it's inspire for PMP aspirant /.
9 years 3 months ago #4937

Brenna Hansen

's Avatar

In preparation for the PMP exam, I knew I was going to have to do it in two phases as I had summer commitments that would prohibit the time I had to prepare.

Phase one consisted of taking a free online sample exam just so that I had an idea of where I stood and how much improvement I had ahead. After this, I signed up for the PMPrepCast and the PMExamModulator. I read through the PMBOK cover to cover and took notes. I then listened to PM PrepCast in numerical order; I loaded the app on my phone so that I could listen during my commute. I created ITTO flashcards using quizlet and printed versions so that I could use them anywhere. I developed my crib sheet and tried to copy it down three days a week, gradually adding to it.

I then took six weeks off from studying and listening due to a prior commitment - I would NOT recommend this as it took me a few weeks to catch up and get back to where I was when I left off. Big lesson learned!

At the end of the summer I listened to the Podcasts in my car on Bluetooth and started doing the PM PrepCast quizzes and tracking progress. I always referred back to the questions I got wrong to find out what I needed to learn. I then read a chapter in PMBOK - not in numerical order but in order by phase and would listen to that particular PM PrepCast module. I would then test myself on ITTOs for that process.

Toward the last few weeks before my exam I would do flashcards and take sample quizzes and exams and track progress. I wrote down my notes every day, two times a day at the end.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login