fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: My Story - Cleared my PMP exam in 1st Attempt

My Story - Cleared my PMP exam in 1st Attempt 9 years 9 months ago #4422

• Nilesh Vitekar
  • Nilesh Vitekar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I Cleared my PMP exam on first attempt in March 2014 .

Initiation - MP
Planning - P
Executing - P
M&C - MP
Closing - MP

The materials that i used were:

1. PM PrepCast Exam Simulator
2. Rita Mulcahy PMP Exam Prep 8th Edition
3. PMBOK Guide ( Literally read it 4 times)
4. PM Study Exam Simulator (5 tests including the free one)

PMP Exam Simulator Results (Cornelius Fichtner)

Exam 1 - 80.50%
Exam 2 - 81.50%
Exam 3 - 79%
Exam 4 - 78.50%
Exam 5 - 86%
Exam 6 - 83%
Exam 7 - 84.50%
Exam 8 - 78.50%

My Story

I started studying some time during November 2013 because i was a little bit over cautious in my estimate of preparing for the exam. Although i did realized that 3 full months of dedicated preparation is enough for clearing the exam on first attempt. I joined the PMI and I submitted my application and got an email 3 days later to "Continue with my Application". My application was not audited. B)
I scheduled for my exam on the 31st of March 2014.

One tip: Read the PMBoK thoroughly. Read it over and over again to get the concepts right.

I read in a few blogs where they emphasize that you should mug up the ITTO's. But in my exam i just got 3-4 questions on ITTO's. So i would leave that on your judgement whether or not to have the ITTO's at your fingertips.

On the test day, I got to the test center one hour early and I was allowed to start immediately. I made sure I answered each question as I progressed (selected an option even if I was not sure) and marked the ones I was not sure of.

I had about 30 minutes left when I eventually went through all 200 questions. I started my review and I noticed I had marked 40 questions! This meant I had less than a minute to review each one. Although even during the review i found most of my answers to be correct.

Then came the survey. I breezed through that and viola the word "Congratulation" came up on the screen.

One word of advice - The answers aren't as straight forward as in exam simulators. Practice as many question as you can. You can only perfect this exam by practicing a lot of questions. Just google it and you will find a lot of resources. Although the PM Prepcast exam simulator did help me a lot.

That's my story for the exam.

Cheers..!!
Nilesh
Last edit: by Nilesh Vitekar. Reason: Changed the Topic Icon
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login