fbpx

Reply: My Story - Cleared my PMP exam in 1st Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My Story - Cleared my PMP exam in 1st Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 8 months ago #4422

Nilesh Vitekar

Hi All,

I Cleared my PMP exam on first attempt in March 2014 .

Initiation - MP
Planning - P
Executing - P
M&C - MP
Closing - MP

The materials that i used were:

1. PM PrepCast Exam Simulator
2. Rita Mulcahy PMP Exam Prep 8th Edition
3. PMBOK Guide ( Literally read it 4 times)
4. PM Study Exam Simulator (5 tests including the free one)

PMP Exam Simulator Results (Cornelius Fichtner)

Exam 1 - 80.50%
Exam 2 - 81.50%
Exam 3 - 79%
Exam 4 - 78.50%
Exam 5 - 86%
Exam 6 - 83%
Exam 7 - 84.50%
Exam 8 - 78.50%

My Story

I started studying some time during November 2013 because i was a little bit over cautious in my estimate of preparing for the exam. Although i did realized that 3 full months of dedicated preparation is enough for clearing the exam on first attempt. I joined the PMI and I submitted my application and got an email 3 days later to "Continue with my Application". My application was not audited. B)
I scheduled for my exam on the 31st of March 2014.

One tip: Read the PMBoK thoroughly. Read it over and over again to get the concepts right.

I read in a few blogs where they emphasize that you should mug up the ITTO's. But in my exam i just got 3-4 questions on ITTO's. So i would leave that on your judgement whether or not to have the ITTO's at your fingertips.

On the test day, I got to the test center one hour early and I was allowed to start immediately. I made sure I answered each question as I progressed (selected an option even if I was not sure) and marked the ones I was not sure of.

I had about 30 minutes left when I eventually went through all 200 questions. I started my review and I noticed I had marked 40 questions! This meant I had less than a minute to review each one. Although even during the review i found most of my answers to be correct.

Then came the survey. I breezed through that and viola the word "Congratulation" came up on the screen.

One word of advice - The answers aren't as straight forward as in exam simulators. Practice as many question as you can. You can only perfect this exam by practicing a lot of questions. Just google it and you will find a lot of resources. Although the PM Prepcast exam simulator did help me a lot.

That's my story for the exam.

Cheers..!!
Nilesh

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login