fbpx

Reply: First to pass PMBOK 5 based PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : First to pass PMBOK 5 based PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 8 months ago #3661

Anil

's Avatar

:cheer:

Nilesh Tandale wrote: Hello Members!

Yesterday I have passed the PMP exam and probably the first PMP After change in exam basis to PMBOK5 [After change in exam, in India yesterday was first day available only in Mumbai between 5-9 pm and I was the only candidate there ]

Background:
Actually I started preparing for PMP in Mar 2012. Due to some family issues the plan was procrastinated indefinitely.
I had prepared earlier for PMBOK4 but while scheduling the exam I could schedule at the earliest on 6th August. So I had to read PMBOK5 [of course I read it cover to cover].

Methodology:
1. Read Andy Crowe's book [this was my first resource to PMP study] a great book.
2. PM Prepcast by Cornelius Fichtner - Contact hours [PMBOK Version 4 cause I had subscribed long back] This was really helpful since with boot camps the instructor will be there with you for 4 days but Cornelius stays with you forever ;)
3. Oliver's online questions
4. Rita's book [borrowed from office library - Found it good resource for Risk and Procurement topics].
5. PMBOK V4 and V5 cover-to-cover once [you should only refer to 5].
6. Practice Exams :-
a. Many from past LLs.
b. The access to eRead section of PMI [once you become member] there are few good online books.
7. LLs from this forum [you should read at least few to see what others have experienced]

Four Days prior to exam I was down with fever :x until previous day of exam, totally exhausted [Take extra care of your health during week of exam].

The Day of exam:
Reached Prometric Centre, Mumbai [India] and entered at 4 pm for registration as my exam was from 5 pm-9 pm [there was no choice as my candidature was about to expire, but you should choose daytime for exam].
After doing the registration formalities I was navigated to exam room.
First part was a tutorial about how to use controls and calculators for the exam.
Actual Exam:-

• After 100 Questions I took first break at 6:35-6:39 [so quick ].
  • After 194th question took second break at 8:19-8:25
  • At 8:39 finished the exam.
  • The screen went blank and my heart rate was up but the system surprised me with the survey about my experience at Prometric.
  • After promptly filling it hit on 'end' button and glittered message on screen.
  • "Congratulations you have passed the PMP exam…"
  • About Exam:
  • I marked only 1 question for review and finally confirmed previously chosen answer.
  • The numerical questions related to EVM and scheduling were ample [Please study these items hard].
  • Quality is very important topic study it from PMBOK as well as resources enlisted above.
  • Some of the questions were lengthy that took long time to read but couple seconds to answer.
  • As many others have experienced the exam was really testing your patience.

• To aspiring PMPs:-
    Refer PMBOK and just one book [approach of authors confuse at times].
    Practice mock exams as much as you can [try taking at least 2 full length exams. I didn't do and hence patience was tested].
    Don't procrastinate! If you really want to become PMP start study now but become member and set plan to take exam within 3-6 months.

Thank you Cornelius and team for such a wonderful video course! Hope the version 5 is even better!

I wish all the best for all aspiring candidates.

Nilesh Tandale PMP

10 years 8 months ago #3660

Nilesh Tandale

Hello Members!

Yesterday I have passed the PMP exam and probably the first PMP After change in exam basis to PMBOK5 [After change in exam, in India yesterday was first day available only in Mumbai between 5-9 pm and I was the only candidate there ]

Background:
    Actually I started preparing for PMP in Mar 2012. Due to some family issues the plan was procrastinated indefinitely.
    I had prepared earlier for PMBOK4 but while scheduling the exam I could schedule at the earliest on 6th August. So I had to read PMBOK5 [of course I read it cover to cover].

Methodology:
    1. Read Andy Crowe's book [this was my first resource to PMP study] a great book.
    2. PM Prepcast by Cornelius Fichtner - Contact hours [PMBOK Version 4 cause I had subscribed long back] This was really helpful since with boot camps the instructor will be there with you for 4 days but Cornelius stays with you forever ;)
    3. Oliver's online questions
    4. Rita's book [borrowed from office library - Found it good resource for Risk and Procurement topics].
    5. PMBOK V4 and V5 cover-to-cover once [you should only refer to 5].
    6. Practice Exams :-
    a. Many from past LLs.
    b. The access to eRead section of PMI [once you become member] there are few good online books.
    7. LLs from this forum [you should read at least few to see what others have experienced]

Four Days prior to exam I was down with fever :x until previous day of exam, totally exhausted [Take extra care of your health during week of exam].

The Day of exam:
    Reached Prometric Centre, Mumbai [India] and entered at 4 pm for registration as my exam was from 5 pm-9 pm [there was no choice as my candidature was about to expire, but you should choose daytime for exam].
    After doing the registration formalities I was navigated to exam room.
    First part was a tutorial about how to use controls and calculators for the exam.
    Actual Exam:-
  • After 100 Questions I took first break at 6:35-6:39 [so quick ].
  • After 194th question took second break at 8:19-8:25
  • At 8:39 finished the exam.
  • The screen went blank and my heart rate was up but the system surprised me with the survey about my experience at Prometric.
  • After promptly filling it hit on 'end' button and glittered message on screen.
  • "Congratulations you have passed the PMP exam…"
  • About Exam:
  • I marked only 1 question for review and finally confirmed previously chosen answer.
  • The numerical questions related to EVM and scheduling were ample [Please study these items hard].
  • Quality is very important topic study it from PMBOK as well as resources enlisted above.
  • Some of the questions were lengthy that took long time to read but couple seconds to answer.
  • As many others have experienced the exam was really testing your patience.

• To aspiring PMPs:-
    Refer PMBOK and just one book [approach of authors confuse at times].
    Practice mock exams as much as you can [try taking at least 2 full length exams. I didn't do and hence patience was tested].
    Don't procrastinate! If you really want to become PMP start study now but become member and set plan to take exam within 3-6 months.

Thank you Cornelius and team for such a wonderful video course! Hope the version 5 is even better!

I wish all the best for all aspiring candidates.

Nilesh Tandale PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
    OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
    Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login