fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: First to pass PMBOK 5 based PMP exam

First to pass PMBOK 5 based PMP exam 10 years 8 months ago #3660

• Nilesh Tandale
  • Nilesh Tandale's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Members!

Yesterday I have passed the PMP exam and probably the first PMP After change in exam basis to PMBOK5 [After change in exam, in India yesterday was first day available only in Mumbai between 5-9 pm and I was the only candidate there ]

Background:
Actually I started preparing for PMP in Mar 2012. Due to some family issues the plan was procrastinated indefinitely.
I had prepared earlier for PMBOK4 but while scheduling the exam I could schedule at the earliest on 6th August. So I had to read PMBOK5 [of course I read it cover to cover].

Methodology:
1. Read Andy Crowe's book [this was my first resource to PMP study] a great book.
2. PM Prepcast by Cornelius Fichtner - Contact hours [PMBOK Version 4 cause I had subscribed long back] This was really helpful since with boot camps the instructor will be there with you for 4 days but Cornelius stays with you forever ;)
3. Oliver's online questions
4. Rita's book [borrowed from office library - Found it good resource for Risk and Procurement topics].
5. PMBOK V4 and V5 cover-to-cover once [you should only refer to 5].
6. Practice Exams :-
a. Many from past LLs.
b. The access to eRead section of PMI [once you become member] there are few good online books.
7. LLs from this forum [you should read at least few to see what others have experienced]

Four Days prior to exam I was down with fever :x until previous day of exam, totally exhausted [Take extra care of your health during week of exam].

The Day of exam:
Reached Prometric Centre, Mumbai [India] and entered at 4 pm for registration as my exam was from 5 pm-9 pm [there was no choice as my candidature was about to expire, but you should choose daytime for exam].
After doing the registration formalities I was navigated to exam room.
First part was a tutorial about how to use controls and calculators for the exam.
Actual Exam:-
  • After 100 Questions I took first break at 6:35-6:39 [so quick ].
  • After 194th question took second break at 8:19-8:25
  • At 8:39 finished the exam.
  • The screen went blank and my heart rate was up but the system surprised me with the survey about my experience at Prometric.
  • After promptly filling it hit on 'end' button and glittered message on screen.
  • "Congratulations you have passed the PMP exam…"
  • About Exam:
  • I marked only 1 question for review and finally confirmed previously chosen answer.
  • The numerical questions related to EVM and scheduling were ample [Please study these items hard].
  • Quality is very important topic study it from PMBOK as well as resources enlisted above.
  • Some of the questions were lengthy that took long time to read but couple seconds to answer.
  • As many others have experienced the exam was really testing your patience.

• To aspiring PMPs:-
    Refer PMBOK and just one book [approach of authors confuse at times].
    Practice mock exams as much as you can [try taking at least 2 full length exams. I didn't do and hence patience was tested].
    Don't procrastinate! If you really want to become PMP start study now but become member and set plan to take exam within 3-6 months.

Thank you Cornelius and team for such a wonderful video course! Hope the version 5 is even better!

I wish all the best for all aspiring candidates.

Nilesh Tandale PMP

First to pass PMBOK 5 based PMP exam 10 years 8 months ago #3661

• Anil
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
    :cheer:

Nilesh Tandale wrote: Hello Members!

Yesterday I have passed the PMP exam and probably the first PMP After change in exam basis to PMBOK5 [After change in exam, in India yesterday was first day available only in Mumbai between 5-9 pm and I was the only candidate there ]

Background:
    Actually I started preparing for PMP in Mar 2012. Due to some family issues the plan was procrastinated indefinitely.
    I had prepared earlier for PMBOK4 but while scheduling the exam I could schedule at the earliest on 6th August. So I had to read PMBOK5 [of course I read it cover to cover].

Methodology:
    1. Read Andy Crowe's book [this was my first resource to PMP study] a great book.
    2. PM Prepcast by Cornelius Fichtner - Contact hours [PMBOK Version 4 cause I had subscribed long back] This was really helpful since with boot camps the instructor will be there with you for 4 days but Cornelius stays with you forever ;)
    3. Oliver's online questions
    4. Rita's book [borrowed from office library - Found it good resource for Risk and Procurement topics].
    5. PMBOK V4 and V5 cover-to-cover once [you should only refer to 5].
    6. Practice Exams :-
    a. Many from past LLs.
    b. The access to eRead section of PMI [once you become member] there are few good online books.
    7. LLs from this forum [you should read at least few to see what others have experienced]

Four Days prior to exam I was down with fever :x until previous day of exam, totally exhausted [Take extra care of your health during week of exam].

The Day of exam:
    Reached Prometric Centre, Mumbai [India] and entered at 4 pm for registration as my exam was from 5 pm-9 pm [there was no choice as my candidature was about to expire, but you should choose daytime for exam].
    After doing the registration formalities I was navigated to exam room.
    First part was a tutorial about how to use controls and calculators for the exam.
    Actual Exam:-

• After 100 Questions I took first break at 6:35-6:39 [so quick ].
  • After 194th question took second break at 8:19-8:25
  • At 8:39 finished the exam.
  • The screen went blank and my heart rate was up but the system surprised me with the survey about my experience at Prometric.
  • After promptly filling it hit on 'end' button and glittered message on screen.
  • "Congratulations you have passed the PMP exam…"
  • About Exam:
  • I marked only 1 question for review and finally confirmed previously chosen answer.
  • The numerical questions related to EVM and scheduling were ample [Please study these items hard].
  • Quality is very important topic study it from PMBOK as well as resources enlisted above.
  • Some of the questions were lengthy that took long time to read but couple seconds to answer.
  • As many others have experienced the exam was really testing your patience.

• To aspiring PMPs:-
    Refer PMBOK and just one book [approach of authors confuse at times].
    Practice mock exams as much as you can [try taking at least 2 full length exams. I didn't do and hence patience was tested].
    Don't procrastinate! If you really want to become PMP start study now but become member and set plan to take exam within 3-6 months.

Thank you Cornelius and team for such a wonderful video course! Hope the version 5 is even better!

I wish all the best for all aspiring candidates.

Nilesh Tandale PMP

Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
    OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
    Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login