fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I am experienced PM. What can Prepcast help me?

I am experienced PM. What can Prepcast help me? 10 years 11 months ago #3324

• K M KENNETH CHEUNG
  • K M KENNETH CHEUNG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I just passed my PMP exam. Thanks Cornelius.

I would like to share some interesting facts, especially to those seasoned full time PMs, who are wondering what can PM Prepcast help you. Here is my experience:

- I attempted on about 50 questions in the PM exam simulator before any serious studying. I scored 60% by applying my common sense. This is, I believe, what a typical experienced full time PM could get. After all, these are multiple choice questions. And for most of the questions there are 2 obvious wrong answers (except for the maths questions). So, just going by probability, any educated person with logical thinking can get at least 40-50% I believe. But you are not going to pass with this score

- I didn't read the PMBOK guide. PM Prepcast is my only studying materials.

- 3 months later I took the PM simulator exams. I scored between 75 - 80% --- it didn't sound to be a huge improvement, but its the difference between passing and not passing!!

So, how did PM Prepcast help me to fill the gap?

- I believe I got about 3-4% more by learning the ITTO (not memorizing them, just understanding) and the sequence of the 42 processes.
- Another 3-4% by learning the technical terms (sorry I have to confess I didn't know what was Critical Chain Method, Delphi Approach, Control Chart, etc....)
- About 5-6% by learning the mathematics (Critical path method, EVM, number of communication channel, etc)
- Last, but not the least, the "PMI logic" of choosing the best answer for scenario type questions. That boost me up another 4-5%

That's how it brought me from 60% to about 80%, i.e. from not having a chance of passing, to getting it.

My advise to those experienced PMs: You are at a good position already, but you still need a push. Focus on what Cornelius can help you most.

Hope it helps.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login