fbpx

Reply: I am experienced PM. What can Prepcast help me?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I am experienced PM. What can Prepcast help me?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3324

K M KENNETH CHEUNG

I just passed my PMP exam. Thanks Cornelius.

I would like to share some interesting facts, especially to those seasoned full time PMs, who are wondering what can PM Prepcast help you. Here is my experience:

- I attempted on about 50 questions in the PM exam simulator before any serious studying. I scored 60% by applying my common sense. This is, I believe, what a typical experienced full time PM could get. After all, these are multiple choice questions. And for most of the questions there are 2 obvious wrong answers (except for the maths questions). So, just going by probability, any educated person with logical thinking can get at least 40-50% I believe. But you are not going to pass with this score

- I didn't read the PMBOK guide. PM Prepcast is my only studying materials.

- 3 months later I took the PM simulator exams. I scored between 75 - 80% --- it didn't sound to be a huge improvement, but its the difference between passing and not passing!!

So, how did PM Prepcast help me to fill the gap?

- I believe I got about 3-4% more by learning the ITTO (not memorizing them, just understanding) and the sequence of the 42 processes.
- Another 3-4% by learning the technical terms (sorry I have to confess I didn't know what was Critical Chain Method, Delphi Approach, Control Chart, etc....)
- About 5-6% by learning the mathematics (Critical path method, EVM, number of communication channel, etc)
- Last, but not the least, the "PMI logic" of choosing the best answer for scenario type questions. That boost me up another 4-5%

That's how it brought me from 60% to about 80%, i.e. from not having a chance of passing, to getting it.

My advise to those experienced PMs: You are at a good position already, but you still need a push. Focus on what Cornelius can help you most.

Hope it helps.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login