Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
1) I read PMBOK 4th edition twice (The Bible)
2) I purchased PM-Precast and went through it once, it was a nice product and also got 35 contact hrs too
3) Apart from that I also read Rita Mulchay once, which was really helpful.
4) I completed free online simulator questions, as many as possible and scored above 70% in each one of them. I suggest that please take online question based on PMBOK 4th edition only. Do not waste time on old questions. I found pmhub the best one, as it sends you the result with correct answers to your email ID.
The questions from various books were really helpful
1) I scheduled my exam just 4 days before and luckily I got the available slot which suits me.
2) I called the prometric center to confirm what facilities will be available to me during exam. They were very co-operative and provided me every information, I needed.
3) Before entering to the exam I was provided with all necessary instruction and a 4 page sheet with 2 pencils.
4) Before starting exam there was 15 mins training, to let you know, how actual simulator works.
5) Before starting my exam I took another 5 mins to write down all the formulas on the sheet. My suggestion is follow the same to avoid any confusion during exam. It helped me to relax a little bit, because I don't have recall the formulas when question arises.
6) After that I started my exam and in my mind I was sure that it is not to take much time. So before answering any question I read it once then read the answers and then again the question. It helped me to identify most appropriate answer before making my final choice.
7) I was well on schedule; I kept monitoring it after every 50 questions.
At the end I was left with 16 questions marked and 27 mins left to review. However during exam I made sure that I answer all questions, even if I mark it.
9) During review I found that one of my question was not answered to first I answered that question.
10) Then I went for review of all the marked questions and changed my answers for 3-4 questions only, rest of them were correct as per my understanding.
11) There only few (5-6) question for which I was not sure.
12) And finally I ended my exam when i was left with 15 mins of time and Hurray... I cleared my exam with a congratulations message.
13) After that I took the survey that was meant for prometric center and its facilities.
14) Finally went outside where I was provided with the printed exam result and I left the center with great satisfaction.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.