fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on First Attempt august 18

Passed on First Attempt august 18 12 years 7 months ago #2488

• Rodrigo Lueneberg
  • Rodrigo Lueneberg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
First,

Thanks to Cornelius Fichtner. If it wasn't for his podcasts I don't think I would've passed. Of course it was the combination of all materials an techniques. But for sure this helped me build my confidence and allowed to keep up to date wherever I was.

Here is what I did before the exam:
1. I did not read the PMBOK fully. I went over maybe two chapters and decided I wasn't learning from it. I guess you can read fully only if you have plenty of PM work experience. Or after you've read a good PM book and understood the concepts.

2. I used the Andy Crowe book only. Read it twice. First pass I highlighted everything I did not know. The second pass I went over everything I did not know researching on the web.

3. I did lot's of exercises. I did all Andy Crow simulated exam very carefully plus lots of others from the web.

4. I did the cheat sheet with all formulas and stick it to my bathroom mirror. So I had to look at it every day. I also sticked the 42 processes and knowlodge areas in the shower. I think after 15 days I was able to go over each on my mind.

5. I followed Cornellius advice to write down the formulas on paper a few days before the exam so that I would be able remember it naturally.

During the exam:

1. I went to the place the day before;
2. I arrived earlier;
3. I did not write down anything. I just skiped the computer intro and went directly to the exam;
4. I knew I was prepared but managing time was the most difficult. I actually spent the 4 hours to finish;
5. I did go to the bathroom once;
6. I did not have time to review and I actually missed time; I could not go to the bathroom the second time because I knew I was going to need the time.
7. I felt that there was lot's of risk questions. Between 20 to 30. Please study risk. All types of riks situations.
8. Maybe, it took me more time to finish because I English is not my primary language.
9. More or less just try to say calm during the exam.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login