fbpx

Reply: Passed on First Attempt august 18

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on First Attempt august 18

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 8 months ago #2488

Rodrigo Lueneberg

's Avatar

First,

Thanks to Cornelius Fichtner. If it wasn't for his podcasts I don't think I would've passed. Of course it was the combination of all materials an techniques. But for sure this helped me build my confidence and allowed to keep up to date wherever I was.

Here is what I did before the exam:
1. I did not read the PMBOK fully. I went over maybe two chapters and decided I wasn't learning from it. I guess you can read fully only if you have plenty of PM work experience. Or after you've read a good PM book and understood the concepts.

2. I used the Andy Crowe book only. Read it twice. First pass I highlighted everything I did not know. The second pass I went over everything I did not know researching on the web.

3. I did lot's of exercises. I did all Andy Crow simulated exam very carefully plus lots of others from the web.

4. I did the cheat sheet with all formulas and stick it to my bathroom mirror. So I had to look at it every day. I also sticked the 42 processes and knowlodge areas in the shower. I think after 15 days I was able to go over each on my mind.

5. I followed Cornellius advice to write down the formulas on paper a few days before the exam so that I would be able remember it naturally.

During the exam:

1. I went to the place the day before;
2. I arrived earlier;
3. I did not write down anything. I just skiped the computer intro and went directly to the exam;
4. I knew I was prepared but managing time was the most difficult. I actually spent the 4 hours to finish;
5. I did go to the bathroom once;
6. I did not have time to review and I actually missed time; I could not go to the bathroom the second time because I knew I was going to need the time.
7. I felt that there was lot's of risk questions. Between 20 to 30. Please study risk. All types of riks situations.
8. Maybe, it took me more time to finish because I English is not my primary language.
9. More or less just try to say calm during the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login