fbpx

Reply: Some areas that helped me for my success

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Some areas that helped me for my success

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 10 months ago #2111

Rajasekhar Pavani

Dear Future PMPs – Here are few tips I would like to offer you as they helped me a lot.

As far as preparation itself, follow your own way which ever lets you get a good grip on the concepts. I read PMBok one time and Rita one time. But, most of the time I listened Podcast episodes. I mean, wherever I went, if I had some time, I was listening to the Podcast. Here are few tips::

1)Fundamentally, remember your ultimate aim is to get 106/175 correct answers to pass the exam. The best to thing to do is, target for 131 marks considering the fact that even if you get all 25 potential questions correct, you still will be able to pass the exam.

2)Can imagine even think of 20 questions on your own for ‘Initiation Process’. The chapter itself very simple and you can get lots of questions correct from this tiny chapter with a little bit preparation.

3)Same advice goes to ‘Close chapter’. I bet, you can’t think of 20 questions on your own for this chapter. Such a tiny chapter with so many questions. Just focus on these two chapters, you already scored 40 correct answers.

4)Yes, 2 chapters worth 40 questions. Sure, that helped me.

5)How about ‘Ethics and professional Responsibility’, this chapter gets approximately 18 questions. If you have done few tests and already corrected your mistakes and not making the same mistakes over and over, you are already in good shape. Please read Ethics documents provided in official PMI website.

6)As many already mentioned by other certified PMS, all EV related formulas and concepts can get you 10-12 questions correct.

7)Between 1st chapter + second chapter + Ethics + EV related concepts, you are ready to score close to 75 questions.

8)I very well remembered Page 43 of PMBOK and came up with my own Mnemonics which I shared in my other posting.

Good Luck and Best wishes,
Raj

Attachment Knowledge_areas_ITTO-de5380099eb499b83fa4ea4e05b8f895.doc not found

Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login