fbpx

Reply: PMP Passed; Study plan was successful

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Passed; Study plan was successful

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 11 months ago #1977

Kenneth Robin

I passed the PMP exam on April 11. My study plan was:
1. Listened to all episodes of the PM Prepcast. It provided a solid run-through of the material and provided good background for the entire process. It's very well done.
2. Read the PMBOK Guide and after each chapter I read the corresponding chapter in Rita Mulcahy's book PMP Examp Prep.
3. I memorized all the formulas suggested by Rita's book and p. 43 of the PMBOK Guide. I also reviewed thoroughly the ITTOs by trying to writing them all out (and reviewing my errors). I did this twice and while I didn't actually memorize them this helped me to focus on the important ones. I also separately mapped out the critical processes and flows for changes requests, work information, performance measurements, etc. and at least memorized those.
4. I took the 9 sample tests from pm-exam-simulator.com. These were invaluable. I wrote down and studied all the issues from questions I missed. Many of these items were not in any other study material. Also these tests prepared me for the style of questions and let me see that I could routinely finish in about 3 hours and have the last hour to review my answers. I averaged about 77% in these tests.
5. These steps were more than sufficient to prepare me for the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login