fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Passed; Study plan was successful

PMP Passed; Study plan was successful 12 years 11 months ago #1977

• Kenneth Robin
  • Kenneth Robin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the PMP exam on April 11. My study plan was:
1. Listened to all episodes of the PM Prepcast. It provided a solid run-through of the material and provided good background for the entire process. It's very well done.
2. Read the PMBOK Guide and after each chapter I read the corresponding chapter in Rita Mulcahy's book PMP Examp Prep.
3. I memorized all the formulas suggested by Rita's book and p. 43 of the PMBOK Guide. I also reviewed thoroughly the ITTOs by trying to writing them all out (and reviewing my errors). I did this twice and while I didn't actually memorize them this helped me to focus on the important ones. I also separately mapped out the critical processes and flows for changes requests, work information, performance measurements, etc. and at least memorized those.
4. I took the 9 sample tests from pm-exam-simulator.com. These were invaluable. I wrote down and studied all the issues from questions I missed. Many of these items were not in any other study material. Also these tests prepared me for the style of questions and let me see that I could routinely finish in about 3 hours and have the last hour to review my answers. I averaged about 77% in these tests.
5. These steps were more than sufficient to prepare me for the exam.
Last edit: by Kenneth Robin. Reason: fixed order of items
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login