fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 1 month ago #1905

Peter den Hollander

I started my PMP endeaver 14 months ago by purchasing:
- PMP Prepcast
- PMBOK
- Andy Crowe's "The PMP Exam: How to pass on your first try"

I choose the Prepcast because it was cheap and quick:) I found it very hard to stay focused on the Perpcast. I also purchased the flash cards, but really never used them.

I went through each chapter in Andy Crowe's book and completed the test questions after each chapter.

Then work changed and my study went on hold for 10+ months.

When I picked it back up I had little time before the test window would expire. I started with test questions and went through most of Andy's book again. I also used te test questions on his site; I thought the questions were too easy/not enough variation.

Other free sites I used:
voightps.com These are great!
www.oliverlehmann.com
www.preparepm.com

I never completed 200 hunderd questions in one sitting prior to the exam.

At the exam I did not do a formula download; I used logic to remember the formulas.

I spent one hour on the first 75 questions then took a 5 min break, did the same for the next 75. I answered every question and also marked every question that I thought was hard, tricky or was unsure about; maybe about 25% of all.
Then finished the last 50 questions and reviewed the marked questions, changing a few answers. Finished in 3 hours and 10 minuted.

Passed average in all areas except executing and closing.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login