fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned 13 years 1 month ago #1905

• Peter den Hollander
  • Peter den Hollander 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I started my PMP endeaver 14 months ago by purchasing:
- PMP Prepcast
- PMBOK
- Andy Crowe's "The PMP Exam: How to pass on your first try"

I choose the Prepcast because it was cheap and quick:) I found it very hard to stay focused on the Perpcast. I also purchased the flash cards, but really never used them.

I went through each chapter in Andy Crowe's book and completed the test questions after each chapter.

Then work changed and my study went on hold for 10+ months.

When I picked it back up I had little time before the test window would expire. I started with test questions and went through most of Andy's book again. I also used te test questions on his site; I thought the questions were too easy/not enough variation.

Other free sites I used:
voightps.com These are great!
www.oliverlehmann.com
www.preparepm.com

I never completed 200 hunderd questions in one sitting prior to the exam.

At the exam I did not do a formula download; I used logic to remember the formulas.

I spent one hour on the first 75 questions then took a 5 min break, did the same for the next 75. I answered every question and also marked every question that I thought was hard, tricky or was unsure about; maybe about 25% of all.
Then finished the last 50 questions and reviewed the marked questions, changing a few answers. Finished in 3 hours and 10 minuted.

Passed average in all areas except executing and closing.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login