fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned after Passing the PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned after Passing the PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #19912

Mike Harries

definitely get Rita Sue
5 years 6 months ago #15180

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Michael,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you so much for sharing your tips here.
5 years 6 months ago #15165

Michael Malott

Started in May. Took the exam at the end of September.
Watch every PM PrepCast video at least once....again if you can't conversationally talk about the subject.
Listen to the podcast twice...once before or after watching the video, then once more the last 6 weeks.
Read Andy Crowe "The PMP Exam How to pass on your first try" near the end...the last 30-45 days before the exam...one or two processes a night. His conversational style re-enforces the core concepts.
Also, his practice test is a monster. Worth the purchase.
Use Aileen Ellis for "How to get every Contract Calculation ...." and "How to get every Network Diagram question..." She does a great job. Go through her stuff twice.
Then take several short PM PrepCast quizes...maybe 30-60 questions. Look up the mistakes.
Then take at least 2-3 full blown practice exams (score mid to high 70's)....follow Andy's advice when practicing for the exam - trust me his book is worth it (at first i wondered, but trust me...
follow his suggestions for taking the exam gives you mad skills on test test day.) - that is to say: simulate the test experience down to taking his prescribed breaks
And of course, the PMBOK Guide, the PMI PMP Q&A.
Reread each missed question from every quiz/test.
Get plenty of sleep the night before,.
During the test, take your breaks, eat a snack and drink some water. trust your training.
BTW: Above Target in all 5 areas...so maybe i studied too much.
...Now going out for dinner and drinks.
5 years 6 months ago #15086

Rohan Panade PMP

Thank you for sharing your experience and encouragement.
My exam is in 40 days :)

Regards,
Rohan Panade
5 years 6 months ago #15012

Jenikka Ebias

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here.
5 years 6 months ago #15008

Khinmyatnoeswe

's Avatar

I pass pmp at first attemp on 7th september.
I study Rita and pmbok (twice).It took 6 months as I stuied on and off.I took two weeks leave from work before exam to have more focus.
I bought pm precast during two weeks leave to pratice mock exam.
Pm precast questions are more difficult than actual exam and it helped me to think pmi ways of thinking.
I failed all my mock exams get 52% to 63 %maximum and ITTO test 68% but I get overall 75% for rita end chapter practice.
I was so nervous that I coudnt pass any of precast mock test and review all the answers that I fail.
My country doesnt have test center and I hav to fly to Thailand before exam and visit to test center first as I dont familar roads from thailand.
During exam the questions seem easier for me but still nervous as I didnt do well in mock test.
After I press end button,I saw congradulation..on my screen and couldnt believe my eyes.
Exam question more simlar to rita but I recommend to use precast too as they use difficult situational questions so it helped you prepare for the worst case.
I passed at first attempt 2 above target and 3target.
Dont get too nervous during exam because you can do it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login