fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned using PM Prepcast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned using PM Prepcast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 2 months ago #1772

Steve Mousseau

I live in an area that is quite a distance from training facilities. Attending a week long training session would mean taking a week off work as well as lodging, travel and food expenses. For this reason, I was looking for a quality web based training that would not waste my time or money.

I was using Rita's book and the PMBOK guide, but I did not feel I was retaining enough information to pass the exam. The PM Prepcast was just what I needed. The lessons take more of a practical application approach then wrote memorization. Because of this, I did not need to memorize the ITTO's. I could just think logically and recall the discussions from the Prepcast and most things fell in place.

My study process took about 3 months. The first month I spent reading Rita's book and the PKBOK guide. Once in detail, and again concentrating on key topics. I then spent about 5 weeks listening to the PM Prepcast, followed by 1 week of reviewing and putting together information from Rita's book, the PMBOK guide and the Prepcast. The last 2 weeks I spent concentrating on sample tests. This method worked well enough for me that I was able to pass on my first try.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login