fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons Learned using PM Prepcast

Lessons Learned using PM Prepcast 13 years 3 months ago #1772

• Steve Mousseau
  • Steve Mousseau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I live in an area that is quite a distance from training facilities. Attending a week long training session would mean taking a week off work as well as lodging, travel and food expenses. For this reason, I was looking for a quality web based training that would not waste my time or money.

I was using Rita's book and the PMBOK guide, but I did not feel I was retaining enough information to pass the exam. The PM Prepcast was just what I needed. The lessons take more of a practical application approach then wrote memorization. Because of this, I did not need to memorize the ITTO's. I could just think logically and recall the discussions from the Prepcast and most things fell in place.

My study process took about 3 months. The first month I spent reading Rita's book and the PKBOK guide. Once in detail, and again concentrating on key topics. I then spent about 5 weeks listening to the PM Prepcast, followed by 1 week of reviewing and putting together information from Rita's book, the PMBOK guide and the Prepcast. The last 2 weeks I spent concentrating on sample tests. This method worked well enough for me that I was able to pass on my first try.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login