fbpx

Reply: PMP Certified!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Certified!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 2 months ago #1765

Gregory Morrow

I passed the exam on 12/30/2010 at 4:00pm.

Resources:
*I worked as Program Control (Finance) at an Aerospace/Defense Corp
*I used all material from this website
*PMBOK Guide
*Andy Crowe's Book
*PMP Exam Prep 800+ Questions Book
*other misc online questions

I am thankful to The Cornelius Fichtner for putting more meaning and purpose behind my commutes. I used his podcasts before studying anything else. Next, I attempted the test questions. Finally, I used the PMBOK for a detailed fine-tuning.

It took me 6months from start to finish to pass the exam, but it could have been sooner. I received Proficient in the category of Planning and Monitor & Control; Moderate Proficient in the other categories. At the time, I was receiving low 80s on practice tests.

I took the exam at a Prometric site. I received 4 blank pages (1page 1/2 written on with directions). During the 15mins, I wrote down all of the processes from the PMBOK guide table, but didn't use it for the exam. I am a methodical test taker (slow), so I expected to take a pace of atleast 50questions/hr (without break). The first hour I was sat beside an individual who sounded like they were in a speed typing certification - which threw me off; my first hour was at minimal pace. My second hour was slightly faster (by a few minutes), the third hour was my fastest hour in which I increased my time (by about 15mins), and the fourth hour was slow (minimal time). I only marked about 10 questions and had about 15mins to check them. I used all of my time.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login