fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Certified!!

PMP Certified!! 13 years 3 months ago #1765

• Gregory Morrow
  • Gregory Morrow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the exam on 12/30/2010 at 4:00pm.

Resources:
*I worked as Program Control (Finance) at an Aerospace/Defense Corp
*I used all material from this website
*PMBOK Guide
*Andy Crowe's Book
*PMP Exam Prep 800+ Questions Book
*other misc online questions

I am thankful to The Cornelius Fichtner for putting more meaning and purpose behind my commutes. I used his podcasts before studying anything else. Next, I attempted the test questions. Finally, I used the PMBOK for a detailed fine-tuning.

It took me 6months from start to finish to pass the exam, but it could have been sooner. I received Proficient in the category of Planning and Monitor & Control; Moderate Proficient in the other categories. At the time, I was receiving low 80s on practice tests.

I took the exam at a Prometric site. I received 4 blank pages (1page 1/2 written on with directions). During the 15mins, I wrote down all of the processes from the PMBOK guide table, but didn't use it for the exam. I am a methodical test taker (slow), so I expected to take a pace of atleast 50questions/hr (without break). The first hour I was sat beside an individual who sounded like they were in a speed typing certification - which threw me off; my first hour was at minimal pace. My second hour was slightly faster (by a few minutes), the third hour was my fastest hour in which I increased my time (by about 15mins), and the fourth hour was slow (minimal time). I only marked about 10 questions and had about 15mins to check them. I used all of my time.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login