fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP - First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP - First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 6 months ago #1629

N. Ahmed

's Avatar

Hi All,

I passed the PMP Exam couple of days ago and would like to share few thoughts and lessons learned:

1. I found the exam a bit easier than I had expected or at least compared to the sample questions I had solved.

2. My preparation material were:
- PM Prepcast (This helped me in understanding the PMI PMBOK guide in an easy & simple way)
- PMP Exam Prep book by Andy Crowe (Very handy for the Exam Prep)
- PMBOK Guide
- RMC Fast Track Exam Simulation

3. While listening/studying these materials I made notes of important PM concepts. Subsequently, I used these notes to revise the concepts just before the exam.

4. I did not take any breaks, as I was very much comfortable (physically & mentally) during the exam. This could be because I am used to attending long exams previously and also I had trained myself before the exam.

5. There is no need to mug all the ITTOs, instead proper understanding of of each is enough for passing the exam.

6. I did the Exam prep as follows:

First - Listen to all episodes of a specific Knowledge Area in PM Prepcast
Second - Read the already listened Knowledge Area from Andy's book
Third - Browse quickly through already listened Knowledge Area in PMBOK guide
Fourth - Solved sample questions related to Knowledge Area in FastTrack simulation

Although, it took a bit of time in following the above approach. But it helped in me understanding the concepts well and kept the momentum going.

Lastly, I would like to end by saying that PM Prepcast & Andy's book are just enough to prevail in the Exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login