Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
Passed PMP - First Attempt
7 years 5 months ago #1629
I passed the PMP Exam couple of days ago and would like to share few thoughts and lessons learned:
1. I found the exam a bit easier than I had expected or at least compared to the sample questions I had solved.
2. My preparation material were:
- PM Prepcast (This helped me in understanding the PMI PMBOK guide in an easy & simple way)
- PMP Exam Prep book by Andy Crowe (Very handy for the Exam Prep)
- PMBOK Guide
- RMC Fast Track Exam Simulation
3. While listening/studying these materials I made notes of important PM concepts. Subsequently, I used these notes to revise the concepts just before the exam.
4. I did not take any breaks, as I was very much comfortable (physically & mentally) during the exam. This could be because I am used to attending long exams previously and also I had trained myself before the exam.
5. There is no need to mug all the ITTOs, instead proper understanding of of each is enough for passing the exam.
6. I did the Exam prep as follows:
First - Listen to all episodes of a specific Knowledge Area in PM Prepcast
Second - Read the already listened Knowledge Area from Andy's book
Third - Browse quickly through already listened Knowledge Area in PMBOK guide
Fourth - Solved sample questions related to Knowledge Area in FastTrack simulation
Although, it took a bit of time in following the above approach. But it helped in me understanding the concepts well and kept the momentum going.
Lastly, I would like to end by saying that PM Prepcast & Andy's book are just enough to prevail in the Exam.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.