fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010

Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010 14 years 1 month ago #1370

• Sven Boldt
  • Sven Boldt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the exam in Munich, Germany.

My preparation took some time. I've finished my preparation course in September 2009. Afterwards I heard the Prepcast 2 times. I've started to work through the book from Rita Mulcahy three Months before my scheduled exam appointment. One Months ahead I've basically concentrated on sample questions from various sources and the clarification of wrong answered questions.

The key to my success was the usage of material from different sources especially the exam questions.

I was well prepared for the exam and went to the Munich Prometric test site. There it was a little different then I've expected.

- I was not allowed to open my locker during the test. Therefore I had to put my food and drinks openly on a table.
- I was not allowed to take of any clothes during the exam. So I had to decide in advance how warm it will be inside the test room.
- I got an calculator because the online calculator has a script error
- I had to start the online tutorial within 1 minute. Therefore the only time to create the brain dump sheet was within the 15 minutes of the tutorial time. Afterwards the test started immediately.

Thanks a lot Cornelius for your great collection of information

PS: I've two topics that could be improved:
1) There was no ordering of the Prepcast episodes on my IPhone/IPod touch. They are randomly mixed so I had to search the next episode out of the over 100 existing ones all the time.
2) My IPhone crashed several times (reproduceable) listening to the episodes and the IPhone had to reboot. With the IPod touch everthing was fine.

Re:Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010 14 years 1 month ago #1371

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 607
Hello Sven,

First of all congrats on passing the exam. A great milestone!

It seems that there were a lot of things that are "different" in Munich. So I congratulate you even more that you were able to "keep your cool", deal with these odd rules and pass the exam. That's the spirit!

In regards to your suggestions:

1) There was no ordering of the Prepcast episodes on my IPhone/IPod touch. They are randomly mixed so I had to search the next episode out of the over 100 existing ones all the time.

>> We know about this. Unfortunately this is an "iTunes feature". Trust me, I've tried everything and we just cannot get iTunes to sort the episodes in any good order. It's annoying to say the least!

2) My IPhone crashed several times (reproduceable) listening to the episodes and the IPhone had to reboot. With the IPod touch everthing was fine.

>> We know about this, too. And we have a solution: The Low Resulotion PrepCast. All takes is an email to our support and then you would have received access to the LowRes. It plays on the iPhone without problem. But since you have already passed, you don't need that anymore.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010 14 years 2 weeks ago #1414

• Ronald Dawes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Re the sorting issue on the ipod/iphone. Create a playlist and put all the episodes in that. The playlist can then be sorted. Sync the playlist to the iphone/ipod not the podcasts directly. When you play the playlist, it will play the episodes in sorted order.
Last edit: by Ronald Dawes.

Re:Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010 14 years 2 weeks ago #1420

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ronald,

Creating a playlist is unfortunately only a partial solution because your iPod won't play videos in a playlist. It will only play the audio portion of the video. So you can listen but cannot watch.

Simply put: sorting is a problem that we haven't successfully solved.
Until Next Time,

Re:Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010 14 years 2 weeks ago #1430

• Ronald Dawes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
It works fine for me on my iPhone 3GS. The play list shown on the phone is in sorted order, the videos play fine and upon finishing a video, it automatically starts the next one in the playlist.

On my old 5g video iPod, the playlist does not even show up.

Re:Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010 14 years 2 weeks ago #1431

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
WOW! Finally Apple has changed this feature. That's good news. At least for the new products.
Until Next Time,

Re:Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010 13 years 11 months ago #1503

• Jon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had to trick my iPhone 3G into creating a video playlist.
Here's how I did it:
1) Create a smart playlist (e.g., Album -> Contains -> The PM PrepCast)
2) Within the playlist, select all
3) Right-click (or option-click) and Get Info
4) Go to Options, select Media Kind and Music Video

This will trick iTunes into thinking they are music videos, and a playlist of music videos will play fine on the iPhone 3G.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login