fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP, on 23rd March 2010

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1503

Jon

's Avatar

I had to trick my iPhone 3G into creating a video playlist.
Here's how I did it:
1) Create a smart playlist (e.g., Album -> Contains -> The PM PrepCast)
2) Within the playlist, select all
3) Right-click (or option-click) and Get Info
4) Go to Options, select Media Kind and Music Video

This will trick iTunes into thinking they are music videos, and a playlist of music videos will play fine on the iPhone 3G.
14 years 4 weeks ago #1431

Cornelius Fichtner

WOW! Finally Apple has changed this feature. That's good news. At least for the new products.
14 years 4 weeks ago #1430

Ronald Dawes

It works fine for me on my iPhone 3GS. The play list shown on the phone is in sorted order, the videos play fine and upon finishing a video, it automatically starts the next one in the playlist.

On my old 5g video iPod, the playlist does not even show up.
14 years 4 weeks ago #1420

Cornelius Fichtner

Ronald,

Creating a playlist is unfortunately only a partial solution because your iPod won't play videos in a playlist. It will only play the audio portion of the video. So you can listen but cannot watch.

Simply put: sorting is a problem that we haven't successfully solved.
14 years 1 month ago #1414

Ronald Dawes

Re the sorting issue on the ipod/iphone. Create a playlist and put all the episodes in that. The playlist can then be sorted. Sync the playlist to the iphone/ipod not the podcasts directly. When you play the playlist, it will play the episodes in sorted order.
14 years 1 month ago #1371

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Sven,

First of all congrats on passing the exam. A great milestone!

It seems that there were a lot of things that are "different" in Munich. So I congratulate you even more that you were able to "keep your cool", deal with these odd rules and pass the exam. That's the spirit!

In regards to your suggestions:

1) There was no ordering of the Prepcast episodes on my IPhone/IPod touch. They are randomly mixed so I had to search the next episode out of the over 100 existing ones all the time.

>> We know about this. Unfortunately this is an "iTunes feature". Trust me, I've tried everything and we just cannot get iTunes to sort the episodes in any good order. It's annoying to say the least!

2) My IPhone crashed several times (reproduceable) listening to the episodes and the IPhone had to reboot. With the IPod touch everthing was fine.

>> We know about this, too. And we have a solution: The Low Resulotion PrepCast. All takes is an email to our support and then you would have received access to the LowRes. It plays on the iPhone without problem. But since you have already passed, you don't need that anymore.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login