fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed exam at the 1st attempt, 2 abv target, 1 at target - my experience

Passed exam at the 1st attempt, 2 abv target, 1 at target - my experience 1 week 3 days ago #31303

• Christof Tapler
  • Christof Tapler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My preparation (over 5 months roughly):
- Attended 10 days preparation session organized by the company (limited benefit)
- Studied the complete ProcessGroups Practice Guide book (highly recommended!)
- Partly read through the PMBOK 7th edition (only selected chapters, more used as a sort of reference)
- Watched roughly 300mins youtube videos from David McLachlan while riding my bike :) (highly recommended!)
- Went through _all_ the questions from the PM PrepCast simulator (at some point the simulator told me that it doesn't have any questions for me, so I went through some questions twice) (highly reommended!)
- On the day before the exam I purchased (~100USD) the PMI Authorized Online PMP Practice Exam and went through all the 260 questions (highly recommended!) (should have done that a few days earlier)

The exam:
I did the online exam at home. Did prepare a clean workplace the evening before. Signed in at the earliest time possible (30mins before the start) at the day of the exam.
At the end of the exam I didn't have a good feeling, was not sure if I would succeed. Like some many others reported, there were a number of question where more than one answer seemed to be correct.
Moreover, in some cases I had a bit of troubles understanding the question (I am not a native speaker).

Anyway, 1.5 days later I got an email with the good news.

I have to admit it's not the easiest exam. But if you have the time and the budget it's worth it! I have the impression that what I have learned is really helping me in professional life.
And last but not least it looks good in my CV :-)

--
Christoph

Passed exam at the 1st attempt, 2 abv target, 1 at target - my experience 5 days 11 hours ago #31306

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congrats Christof! And thanks for sharing your experience.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login