fbpx

Reply: Passed exam at the 1st attempt, 2 abv target, 1 at target - my experience

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed exam at the 1st attempt, 2 abv target, 1 at target - my experience

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 weeks 5 days ago #31306

Rochelle Martinez

Congrats Christof! And thanks for sharing your experience.
3 weeks 3 days ago #31303

Christof Tapler

My preparation (over 5 months roughly):
- Attended 10 days preparation session organized by the company (limited benefit)
- Studied the complete ProcessGroups Practice Guide book (highly recommended!)
- Partly read through the PMBOK 7th edition (only selected chapters, more used as a sort of reference)
- Watched roughly 300mins youtube videos from David McLachlan while riding my bike :) (highly recommended!)
- Went through _all_ the questions from the PM PrepCast simulator (at some point the simulator told me that it doesn't have any questions for me, so I went through some questions twice) (highly reommended!)
- On the day before the exam I purchased (~100USD) the PMI Authorized Online PMP Practice Exam and went through all the 260 questions (highly recommended!) (should have done that a few days earlier)

The exam:
I did the online exam at home. Did prepare a clean workplace the evening before. Signed in at the earliest time possible (30mins before the start) at the day of the exam.
At the end of the exam I didn't have a good feeling, was not sure if I would succeed. Like some many others reported, there were a number of question where more than one answer seemed to be correct.
Moreover, in some cases I had a bit of troubles understanding the question (I am not a native speaker).

Anyway, 1.5 days later I got an email with the good news.

I have to admit it's not the easiest exam. But if you have the time and the budget it's worth it! I have the impression that what I have learned is really helping me in professional life.
And last but not least it looks good in my CV :-)

--
Christoph

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login