fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Exam Passed on 18Dec with 3 ATs at first attempt

PMP Exam Passed on 18Dec with 3 ATs at first attempt 2 years 3 months ago #28836

• Sejalben Rathod
  • Sejalben Rathod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Here are my preparations:

1) Read Agile Practice Guides-2 Times
2) Did NOT read PMBOK 6 or 7
3) Regular weekly (3-4 days) quizzes using PMP Prep Cast Simulator from Last 2.5 months prior to Exam Date. (Solved approximately 1600 questions out of 2100 from Simulator including exams)
4) Took 4 Practice Exams of Simulator. First Exam I got borderline 64% (Failed), second exam got 71%(passed), third exam 73% (passed) and forth exam 74% (passed). Only went through wrong questions due to not enough time to go through whole exams.
4) Lots of You Tube Videos for PMBOK processes and also Agile concepts ( particularly videos from David McLachlan- Agile and pmbok vidoes, Process Explained by Ricardo Vargas, all videos from Edward Shehab to gain PM BOK process framework with good details , Videos from PMP Training, PMP Questions videos from David McLachlan and Eduhubspots)
5) On Exam day or one day before exam: Must watch video from PMPwithRay about Exam Time management . This helped me greatly prior to exam to manage my time. I took 80 min for first 60 questions, 70 min for second 60 questions and 80 min for last 60 questions. I actually finished my test 10 min early.

Added two links here which I found extremely helpful before exam:

Exam Experience:
Took it at center and it was very good experience. No issue.

I think , exam was mostly hybrid situational questions. No straightforward questions on processes or even agile. I would say, the first strategy to understand the question to figure out life cycle/approach and then dive into options to rule out incorrect ones.
No calculations. I didn't have any questions for mis-match.
Last edit: by Sejalben Rathod.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login